16 - revelation

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

Maddox POV

     Looking at Renee, I couldn't get over her beauty. I was in awe that this woman was right in front of me. She was real, not a figment of my imagination. She wanted to be with me. I saw Renee begin to squirm under my gaze, and she looked down at the floor. She seemed insecure with my eyes on her so directly, although she had no reason to be. Renee was the epitome of perfection, and I'd make sure she knew that. No matter how long it takes.

"You're absolutely stunning, you know."

    The words immediately rolled off my tongue. I didn't want her to continue to second-guess herself as I looked at her. Although she was still looking down, I could see the light blush form on her cheeks. I walked over to her and placed my finger on her chin.

"Hey, look at me angel."

Renee looked up slowly, her emerald eyes sparkling in the morning light. She bit her lip softly, the sight causing me to remove her lip from between her teeth with my thumb. She smiled, still looking into my eyes.

"Why so shy, beautiful?"

I held her waist and gave it a squeeze, smiling.

"I look like a mess right now." She giggled, ruffling my hair. Her fingers ran through it, sending a shiver down my spine.

I continued to shower her with compliments, all truths that were blatantly clear to me. It was shocking to me that she didn't know just how beautiful she was, inside and out.

"You're sweet, Maddox. Thank you,"

"You look perfect always."

"Oh, stop it."

"I'm so serious right now."

I was unable to wrap my head around the fact that this goddess in front of me didn't know just how stunning she was. Renee gave me a hug, burying her head in the crook of my neck. She then backed away, sighing happily.

"You're cute."

"Cute?!"

"Yeah, why not?"

"I'm anything but cute. I'm a big, scary man."

I joked, Renee laughing.

"Sure, Knight."

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

We spent the day watching movies and walking on the beach. We talked about everything we could. I've been learning more and more about Renee every day, and I love it. Her eyes lit up whenever she spoke of something she was passionate about. She listened intently to me whenever I spoke, genuinely interested in every word I said. It made me feel special and loved. I haven't felt this way in a long time. Actually, I haven't felt this way ever.

It was now late afternoon, and we sat on a couch swing on the porch. Renee curled up next to me and placed her head on my shoulder. I brought her closer by putting my arm around her, gently rubbing her shoulder. It was peaceful. That was, until my phone went off. Again.

Renee looked up for a second as I picked up my phone, checking the caller I.D. I swear to God, I'm going to kill Jay. Today just might be the day. I groaned in annoyance. Upon hearing this, Renee sat up and kissed me on the cheek. She motioned for me to pick up the call. I rubbed my nose against hers, making her laugh before rising from my seat and picking up the phone.