Goblins and New faces

Hagrid led Harriet to a tall white building at the end of a street. 

Standing beside its large bronze doors, wearing a uniform of scarlet and gold, was something Harriet had never seen. It looked like a-

"Yeah, that's a goblin," said Hagrid to her quietly as they walked up the white stone steps toward him. 

The goblin was rather short. He had a swarthy, clever face and, Harriet noticed, very long fingers and feet. He bowed as they walked inside. It seemed polite so Harriet awkwardly bowed back leaving the goblin with a very confused yet pleased expression on its face. 

They came to a second pair of doors, silver this time, with words engraved upon them:

Enter, stranger, but take heed
Of what awaits the sin of greed,
For those who take, but do not earn,
Must pay most dearly in their turn.
So if you seek beneath our floors
A treasure that was never yours,
Thief, you have been warned, beware
Of finding more than treasure there.

"Yeh'd be mad ter try an' rob it," said Hagrid when Harriet looked at him questioningly.

A pair of goblins bowed them through the silver doors. Harriet awkwardly bowed back again.

Harriet and Hagrid then stepped into a vast marble hall. About a hundred more goblins were sitting on high stools behind a long counter, scribbling in large ledgers, weighing coins in brass scales and examining precious stones through eyeglasses. There were too many doors to count leading off the hall, and yet more goblins were showing people in and out of these. Hagrid and Harry made for the counter, Harriet bowing to the goblins and recieving polite bows in return. She was doing the right thing then.

They arrived at the counter at the end. Harriet bowed to the goblin behind it. Suprise evident on his face, the goblin inclined its head in return.

Hagrid cleared his throat. The goblin gave him a nasty look.

"Ms. Harriet Potter wishes to enter her vault."Hagrid told him

"Oh,"the goblin said,"Does Ms. Potter have her key." Harriet looked at Hagrid. A key? She was supposed to have a key? 

"One second. I've got it here somewhere." Hagrid started rumaging around in his endless pockets, dumping their contents on the counter in the progress. The goblin turned up his nose at the dog buiscuits and doormice.

"So..." Harriet said to the goblin, "Can I ask your name?" Aunt Petunia had told her to always ask for someones name before you talked to them. It was polite and if things didn't go the way you wanted them to, you knew who to sue.

"My name is Griphook, Ms. Potter," the goblin replied, "A pleasure to make your aquaintance."

Harriet smiled. He seemed nice. "Likewise," she said, obviously suprising the goblin again.

She opened her mouth to ask about the poem on the silver doors, but Hagrid found the key before she could.

"Aha! here we go.'" He said handing Griphook the key,"Oh, and there is something else." He handed over a letter.,"Its about the you know what in vault you know which one."

"Very well. Follow me." the goblin said and led them through a set of doors to a cart. They climbed in. Hagrid having some difficulty with it.

The cart shot down the track doing twists and turns like a roller coaster. Harriet held onto her glasses with one hand and onto the seat with the other. She was having a lot of fun despite the fact that she felt as if she was going to be thrown out of her seat.