Reflections hold secrets

After Harriet had managed to stutter herself through an entire conversation with Charlie and get him to promise a few letters to Hagrid, the twins and Harriet tiptoed back down the stairs.

Harriets face had slowly turned back to its normal colour.

The walk down the hallway was rather silent until...

Professor McGonagall rounded the corner. Fred shoved Harriet behind a statue. George covered the noise by coughing. 

"Mr. Weasley and Mr. Weasley," she snapped, "I am not particularly surprised. What were you doing at this hour?"

"You know, I was wondering the same thing." Fred said.

"Me too, brother dearest." George grinned, "I do believe we were sneaking around."

"Do you realise how many rules the both of you are breaking?"

"I believe we forgot to count." Fred noted dryly.

Harriet was frozen in her hiding spot. What were they doing?

"Was anyone else with you? Honestly may do you some good in this instance?" Harriet could mentally see her peering at them over her spectacles.

"No one." George said. Harriet's jaw dropped. They weren't seriously...

"My office." McGonagall snapped. "Now!"

"Right away, Professor!" The twins said and followed McGonagall down the Hallway, motioning for Harriet to run.

She did. She didn't want to admit it, but she did.

Twisting and turning down corridors, fleeing in the direction of her common room.

She was vaguely aware of several portraits giving nasty remarks. Nothing she wasn't used to. Skidding around the corner, she dived into a random room before the two people at the end of the corridor noticed her. She would not waste the Weasleys effort to keep her being caught by McGonagall, only to be caught by Snape and Filch.

Holding her breath, Harriet remained frozen behind the door. It took far to long for the two to leave. Once she was sure they were gone, she breathed a small sigh of relief and looked around the room. Nothing special, just a few chairs and a dusty old mirror.

Her eyes focused on the mirror. Something was wrong with it. She could feel it. Slowly, she crept towards it. What was it? What was it that made this mirror so magnetic and creepy at the same time?

She walked around it. Nothing.

She took a look at the frame. Nothing except some strange words.

Finally, her eyes focused on her reflection. She took a few steps back in shock. Was that possible?

She took a deep breath and risked another glance.

She saw herself standing amongst a large group of people. Some she recognized, some she didn't.

Draco and Pansy were there. So were the other Slytherin girls and the Weasley twins.

Three men and a woman she didn't recognize were standing behind her, looking proud.
She noticed the woman's eyes. They looked eerily like her own. And one man's hair was just as messy as hers. Maybe they were her parents? Harriet liked that idea.

The other two men didn't look like they were related to her. One was tall, with brown hair and a scar across his face. She reached up and rubbed her own scar. Did someone try to kill him too?

The other had long dark hair and was wearing a leather jacket. Harriet noticed some tattoos as well. He seemed like the kind of person Aunt Petunia wouldn't be caught dead associating with. Harriet decided he seemed cool.

She took the time to study each person individually, committing their faces to memory before stepping away. She couldn't stay here too long.

She peeked out of the door. Corridor empty. Quickly she darted out of the room and took off in the direction of her common room again. She thankfully arrived a few hours before breakfast so she could still get some sleep. Flopping down on her bed, she drifted off instantly. She could worry about the mirror tomorrow.

How lucky she was that the plan had been executed on a Friday night.