Chapter One: The Hassle for a Map

Enjoy
-------------------------------------------------------
Dreary moonlight shined from the dark sky above and bared down on the occupied streets of Yrashire. A city of thieves and misfortune. The stout frames of Wimpleton scurried through the roads and weaved out from the dingy alley ways like patriotic ants heading their way home. If only ants were sly as a fox and mischievous as a raccoon. But unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

"Oi! Watch it boy!!" A deep voice growled, suddenly.

I jumped back in alarm completely startled at the sight of the hostile man before me. The man stood barely inches away from my frame, yet even if I stood a whole street away, I would still feel that tickling unease in my spine.

"Pardon me, sir." I managed out gruffly, while praying up to Salvatore that I somewhat sounded manly.

A spark of dark anger flickered within the man's black eyes, as he assessed me and my rather large attire.  Please let me pass!! Please look ov...

Then to my absolute glee the man nodded his head curtly, before turning away.

Yes!! I almost shouted to the heavens with a dancing jig moving my feet. He bought it! He actually bought it!!

"Eh and boy?" The man hollered back. "Find yer-self another pair of trousers."

And then he was gone. Vanished within the thick crowd of busy Wimpleton.

If he only knew my time adorned in gowns was far lengthier than in trousers, he might have said something entirely different.

I wrapped my thick cloak tighter around my figure, as I once again began my journey down the gloomy street.

Tonight, was the night! The night where I would finally find some answers. Answers that seemed to have been slipping out of my reach for far too long!

Suddenly panicked thoughts raced through my mind, like vicious biting spiders hunting for a meal. What if I couldn't pull this off? What if father heard where I had been? But most importantly what would he do?

I shivered at the mere thought of fathers disappointed cerulean gaze baring down on me, before locking me in my chamber until I was wrinkled and grey.

No! I've planned long enough and put far too much grueling effort to back down now! Besides I would never forgive myself if I ran away like terrified child! I'm a strong and confident woman and I will bloody finish this through with my last dying breath.

Hopefully it wouldn't come to that.

You see after my mother's death my father saw fit to lock me in the castle away from all wicked blades and evil lords out for my head. Then I didn't mind being locked away from all prying eyes of this quaint isle of dragons. But that slowly dwindled away and stirred into hot raging anger.

I was tired of sitting around and pretending to be the perfect demure lady a princess should be.

I wanted to be free!

My people deserved to know the young lady I've become!! They knew nothing of me nor did I know much of them!

The only thing I was sure of was my plans for tonight. These plans will commence my path to freedom and bring me answers to questions that have swelled in my mind for far too long.

And if I didn't receive the answers I desired, I will grip the wankers neck who is responsible and shake them forth!

Abruptly my thoughts halted as I made my way around the cobbled bend revealing the most bizarre building, I've ever laid eyes on. In fact, bizarre wasn't the word I would have used. I don't know what word would seem fit but it sure did appear to hold numerous drunk masculine wackos.