Chapter Seven: To Dance With Him Again

Skin pale and smooth against the flickering candlelight, like flakes of snow dancing through the wind. Strands of hair as dark as a raven's feather, laid perfectly restrained against the thickness of his brows, as his lips compelled tightly together in a hidden grimace. With fingers wound firmly into his palms and taunt legs hidden within the crispy length of his trousers, he stood with a powering regalness even my father would be envious of.

But to me he appeared as familiar as one would look at a cherished painting with squinted eyes.

"Emoriah?" Sienna inquired, instantly shaking me from my thoughts.

"Mph?"

A warm touch to my bare shoulder shocked my eyes away from the dauting presence of Kaede, as Willow pulled me out from under Sienna's bulbous skirts. "Why are you hiding?"

"I—he—argggg!!"

Bloody hell! Get a grip Emoriah!

But yet again my words appeared as a bundled mess of scrambled words beneath my lips.

"Ah ha! So, something did occur between the two of you years past, did it not?" Sienna's sly tone pierced its way through my haggard lungs, like a nosy wooden spatula digging for scraps.

"I—no!!" I breathed out, in a whisper.

But it seemed my words only fell to deaf ears, as a pleased smirk soon grew upon Sienna's red lips. "How intriguing."

"Intriguing? What's so intriguing?" Willow questioned, with her bright green eyes growing larger by the second.

"To know my sister is evidently still besotted with that man." Sienna stated, before glancing up towards the top of the marbled staircase. "Which is all rather alarming, as I quite recall the man to have a temper. Or perhaps it was only there when you appeared near, dear sister."

However only one, single, itty-bitty word swam through my clouded thoughts like a fiery itch between one's toes. Me?!! Besotted?!!

"He is rather handsome though." Willow added.

"Oh yes! Far more handsome then the years past." Sienna agreed, with a nod of her slender neck. "But he still has that rather menacing coldness around him that I can't quite place my finger on. But perhaps Emoriah can- "

Ha! Bloody! Ha!

Suddenly I very much disliked where this conversation had led too. "Oh, hush will you!" I interrupted, with a vexed whisper. "I am not besotted with any man!"

True my heart may have fluttered near his presence years past, but that was bloody years ago!! And nonetheless, I was a child!

"Oh! They're coming our way!" Willow yelped, into my ear.

Indeed, they were making their way down the glossy marbled steps, like two silent powerful beasts of the wild, which was rather tragic for us, seeing as we all stood directly at the bottom of the staircase appearing comparable to a tempting appetizer of 'malicieux cheveux roux et blonds minxes.'

His eyes still held a churning chaos of icy currents within his piercing gaze, as he regarded the ballroom with a cold impenetrable expression. Steps soft and silent against the marbled stone beneath his feet, as he strode down with a darkening grace. Then a warm glint sparked within his eyes as his arms suddenly grew unbound from the sides, like iron melting from the heat of a fire, raising up towards a Lorde striding swiftly towards him. Up. Up. Up!

Then as the dark-haired Lorde approached Kaede with arms also rising towards the sky, I watched as the two towering men collided together with a smash.