Chapter Sixteen: Lips Colliding

My mind was absolutely blank.

No.... Blank was not quite the word to describe this sudden freeze covering my thoughts, like a frosting layer of snow. I was frozen.

Frozen in my head. Frozen against the wooden panels at my back. Frozen in the lithe arms of a man.

Regardless of my frozen frame, his mouth moved ravenously against mine, covering my lips in a persisting need, that drove wave after wave of shivers down my spine. A different warmth then traveled through my motionless lips to the tips of my toes, a warmth so unlike the heat of my fire.

Bloody hell! If his lips are on mine...then that means we're kissing!

His lips soft on my mouth, spurred on a warmth that slowly defrosted the icicles forming in my mind.

There was also this scent. His scent. A strong aroma of pine trees so overwhelming, that comprehension suddenly struck me. Lorde Kaede was truly kissing me! His lips moving against mine, as if attempting to claim and devour them for breakfast. Intrigued? Yes, I was! Finished? No, I was not!

Then I remembered my anger towards the man locked lip to lip with me. How could he? He's fully aware of me being a feminist, yet he's still trying to kiss me!!

He's not trying to kiss you. A quiet voice in the back of my head, whispered. He is kissing you.

Oh. So...what to do?

Raising my hands, I pushed on Lorde Kaede's chest. He barely moved a millimeter, so I shoved harder. But he only tightened his arms around me, his lips a sirens call, that I found to be willingly succumbing to. On their own will, my teeth opened and bit down in his lower lip, pulling him even closer than before, driving a shiver-inducing sound out from his throat, something between a growl and a roar of a beast.

It was that sound that caused a switch to flick on somewhere in my mind, for suddenly my mouth began to move in rhythm against his. Our lips colliding together with a delicious heat that traveled even to the curly locks on my head.

Stop him!! Make him stop!! A voice cried out.

Er..but why?

Because this man is a chauvinist bastard, that's why!!

I don't think bastards would know how to...oh my!

His tongue brushed against mine with the lightest touch, but it was enough for me to entirely lose my train of thought. Two hands tilted my head to the side, drawing a gasp from my throat, using that, he plunged deeper within my mouth,. My knees grew weak and a bright haze sparkled in my sight. W-what was I saying before?

I thought such a kiss to be barbaric and foul, like two slugs wiggling around each other, spitting up slime. But it was nothing like that. It was a battle and it was a dance, like two voracious flames never ceasing to surrender.

Then without warning he broke away from me, leaving me dazed and breathless. His arms were still wrapped around me, as I looked up at his handsome face for the first time since our lips had touched. There was something wild darkening in his eyes, a sight that led me feeling frightened and excited all at the same time.

"You are mistaken, Miss Emoriah." His voice was still icy, but a bit warmer than before, as though the ice was melting to slush. "There are many ways to silence a woman."

"How dare you...you!!" I growled out, before raising my arm, ready to strike the man before me.

But it never landed on his cheek.

Instead, my hand latched onto his neck, yanking him back down to me. Our lips colliding together once more.

I finally understood the dreamy expression on a married woman's face and the captivated fascination that held a reader's nose captive within a romance novel. For this was far more enthralling than even a bar of delicious chocolate!