013 ⋆ "of sight" 🌸

ship: seroiida

the definition of love, as a topic, is a winded and open-ended discussion whose flexibility changes upon one's cognitive perception, but love is more than just cognitive; it's visceral, deeply embedded in that of the senses: of sound, of sight, of taste, of touch, and of smell...

Class 2A let out a collective yelp as the bus lurched over a pothole in the street. The class quickly settled themselves down soon after, some going back to their conversations while others returned to their phones or naps. Kirishima and Midoriya faced each other in their seats directly across the aisle from each other, smiles bright and hands waving in the air as they spoke. Besides the redhead, Bakugou was completely engrossed in a book he was reading, an earphone in his left ear while and the other free to hear Kirishima and occasionally peek over at him. Uraraka sat next to Midoriya, her back pressed against the bus window and her legs curled under her, hands falling into her lap. She chimed into their conversation occasionally but chose to mostly listen instead.

Kirishima let out a sigh, lolling his head to the side and pressing his side temple against his headrest. "I'm glad we're finally doing somethin' other than training for once, but man, I wish we were going to an amusement park or somethin' other than the Hall of Heroes."

"Aw, don't be like that!" Uraraka said with a shake of her head. She curved a finger. "It's way better than being stuck in history class."

"I hear they have quite the exhibit for All Might, too!" Midoriya chimes in, eyes wide as he looked between Uraraka and the redhead across the aisle from him. "I wonder if..." His voice dropped just above a whisper as his eyes narrowed in thought, lips murmuring a quiet, though endless string of words.

"Can it, nerd," grumbled the ashen blond beside Kirishima. Katsuki cut his eyes away from the book in his hand, forehead wrinkling as he leaned forward and glared at Midoriya from across the aisle. "I wanna make it through this stupid bus ride without your word vomit."

Midoriya's eyes widened as he came back to reality. He huffed, rolling his eyes. "Ironic coming from you since everything you say is vomit, Kacchan."

Bakugou's eye twitched. "The fuck did you say, Deku?"

"Oh jeez, here we go," grumbled Ochako. Kirishima turned in his seat, already making to diffuse the situation. "Bakugou, relax, we're almost at the museum."

The hand on his chest was supposed to be calming, but that plus Midoriya's shit-eating grin had Bakugou pushing past Kirishima in seconds. Iida quickly stood from his seat, blocking the center of the aisle as he frowned at the blond. "Bakugou-kun, please stand down. Fighting is not permitted on the bus!"

"Outta the way, Four Eyes!" Bakugou hissed but made no move to shove his taller classmate out of his way, though it would've been impossible with how tight Kirishima's arms were snaked around his waist. Bakugou struggled against his grip, a growl rumbling low in his throat. "Shitty hair, let go of me!"

"You said you'd stay out of trouble!" Kirishima argued. Iida continued to block the aisle. "Bakugou, sit down."

"Fuck you!"

"Bro, language!"

"Bakugou!"

They didn't know how it happened or when, but somewhere in the brief window of time that the bus hit another pothole and jerked everyone inside, Kirishima's grip loosened on Bakugou's waist and the ashen blond went teetering into Iida, who promptly fell into Midoriya and Uraraka's seat. A fight broke out, perhaps, though it was more so a fierce roughhousing than actual fighting. It took Kirishima a couple of tugs to pry Bakugou off of Midoriya and for Uraraka to hold back the other, and the real victim in all of this? Iida's glasses. Smashed. Shattered. Utterly destroyed.