014 ⋆ "of taste" 🌸

ship: todomomo

the definition of love, as a topic, is a winded and open-ended discussion whose flexibility changes upon one's cognitive perception, but love is more than just cognitive; it's visceral, deeply embedded in that of the senses: of sound, of sight, of taste, of touch, and of smell...

It's finally exam season and mirroring the previous school year, class 2-A is in disarray. Yaomomo and Iida had volunteered themselves to host review lessons in the school library (conveniently open 'til midnight until exams were over), and wise-minded individuals joined in for the study. They pushed together a couple of tables and spread their course materials evenly at its center, Yaomomo and Iida towering over the organized mess as they discussed which topics they should begin with each other. It didn't take them long to settle on one to get started with, and eventually, they took their rightful seats and gave a breakdown of each topic, answering questions where they could.

An hour or so passed and Bakugou, Kirishima and Sero had arrived, the rowdiest of the three bumping past the mess of chairs as he led the other two towards the opposite end of the library. They too settled at a table and whipped out their books to study, another hour passing them by.

Todoroki entered the scene long after half of Yaomomo's original study group dispersed, Iida being one of them since he had prior engagements with a certain someone (who coincidentally happened to part from his two friends at the same time). The dual-quirk wielder took a table from himself, preferably furthest from the redhead and his blond gremlin and ironically across the room from Yaomomo herself. He set his bag on the table, took out his book, and popped it open to the first page of notes for the semester.

His plan of study was a simple one: go through his notes and simplify them the best he could without omitting the important details that'll likely be present on the test. He scratched his head with the butt of his pencil, momentarily taken out of his concentrated study spell by Bakugou's outburst. He cut his eyes over to the two to see the redhead rubbing his forehead where the blond had smacked him with a rolled up worksheet, lip pouted in frustration. Bakugou choked the papers in his fist and leaned back languidly in his chair, head lolling to the side as he haughtily reiterated what he had told the redhead earlier. Kirishima blinked at him, cat-like eyes gradually narrowing as he sucked his bottom lip between his teeth. He let out an exasperated sigh, propping his cheek on a closed fist as he said, "Why don't you explain this to me like I'm five?"

Todoroki chuffed a laugh as Bakugou let out an irritated growl, palms subconsciously crackling around the papers until he realized he was searing them. "Fuck, fine."

Todoroki tuned them out again, eyes flickering over to where Yaomomo sat amongst the remainder of girls who have stayed behind for the vice-president's teachings. She seemed ecstatic about teaching the girls despite the fact she's been lecturing them for over two hours; he remembered when her and Iida had announced their study group session would take place at five and last until seven, yet here she was breaking down calculus derivatives for Mina, Hagakure and Jirou at eight in the evening.

Todoroki himself had planned to stick around until about nine to get most of his rewritten notes out of the way, and he doubts with the way things were going between Bakugou and Kirishima that they'd be staying any longer than that.

And he was right.

His wristwatch read 8:34 when Bakugou and Kirishima had packed up and left, the blond looking as irritated as Kirishima was exhausted. Kirishima yawned as he passed by Todoroki's table, shooting him a tired wave as he said to Bakugou, "Man, can we at least grab dinner first before we head up to your room?"