016 ⋆ caught up 🌸

ship: kirideku

"Izu, babe, how long have you been up?"

Deku jumps at the sudden call of his name, nearly scratching a fat line across his current page of notes. The meaty part of his hand slides across a splash of ink the side of his pen had scraped when he jerked his hand to the side, and he sighs when he sees he'd only smudged the margin and not the rough analysis essay he's spent the last countless hours scribbling up. His chair groans under his weight as he leans back and hooks his arm over its backside, nose wriggling to tease his glasses up the bridge of his nose. Kirishima's looking at him expectantly, arms crossed, facial expression just as crossed, if not tired.

He's in trouble.

"What time is it?" he asks whilst doing his best to hide his fear behind a sheepish grin. Kiri peers across the room, likely at their wall clock.

"Eight."

"PM?"

"Babe... the sun is out."

It is?

The tip of his pen comes to scratch his scalp, nearly getting tangled in the mess of curls atop his head whilst he peeks through their closed shudders.

It is, in fact, day time.

"Oh," he mumbles, his back pressing into the cushion of his chair. As he's fixing the shades open, he hears his boyfriend exhale behind him and he turns to witness his morning stretch; his hips pushing forward, the heels of his palms pressing into his lower back to let out a satisfying crack that's met with another sigh seconds after. His fingers comb through his hair as he shuffles over to the desk, taking in all Deku's belongings that were interspersed amongst papers and work binders. Plentiful cup rings were peppering its wooden surface as well--coffee stains, he concludes; evidence that points towards a thoroughly rehearsed removal and replacement of a messy mug in different coordinates.

"You promised you'd start going to bed at a decent time," grumbles Ei, shifting some of his papers to the side as to lean his weight against the desk's edge. Deku's lips fold into a thin line, and he favors gawking at his inkball doodle instead of subjecting himself to a disappointing look if he dares glance up now. "The boys are coming over today and I thought you'd at least look presentable."

"Hey! I am presentable!" Deku tugs loose the single hair tie holding back most of his hair, then makes a show of picking his fingers through his curls until his hair poofed up like it normally did. He then fixes his lips to blow a stray hair out of his face, then looks to Ei and grins. "See?"

Except that would be his undoing because just as he predicted, Kirishima's face is several points off from the smile he hoped to be rewarded with. His sigh showcases his defeat.

"Alright, I'm sorry, I just got a little..." Maybe it's just his prescriptions, or maybe Ei is just that close to his face. Fingers under his chin and soft puffs of air tickling his nose, the very contour of his face is carved by the burning sun itself. Sharp. Wholly and utterly, not a blurring line in sight. Crimson orbs search his own before traveling south, and Midoriya feels the feeble pressing of his mouth simmering down to parted lips. Naturally, he wants to feel another set of lips on his own, he thinks, leaning in to do such.

Their noses brush against each other and Deku feels his lids weighing down on him as he sucks in a breath and runs his tongue along the inside of his lip in anticipation of what's to come. Ei is the one that closes the distance between them, locking their lips in a chaste kiss that had Deku chasing after him to steal another.

In reality, their shared tender moment only lasted a brief second, and it's within the following one that Deku's train of thought returns long enough for him to finish his long since forgotten apology with a hushed, "Caught up."