Giving Names

(Two weeks later...)

(Lilac wakes Lakota up and they walk to the back of the barn and they sneak into Pyrons den.)
Lilac: Its it time?
Pyron: I think so.
Pup 1: Mom? What time do you mean?
Pup 3: Our naming ceremony right mom!
Pyron: Yes dear.
Pup 3: Fabulous! I cant wait for my new name!
Pup 2: Oh boy! I'm so nervous!
Pup 1: Dont be. Things will be fine.
(Pup 2 nuzzles pup one.)
Pup 1: Who goes first? Do you want to?Pup 2: I'll save myself for last.
Pup 3: Ill go first.
(Lilac looks at pup 3)
Lilac: What do you like to do?
Pup 3: Well, I love fashionable fur and keeping things organized and clean.
Lilac: You sound like what the humans called a Maid. They cook and clean and do various things around the den.
Pup 3: No no! I need a fancier name. Something that describes both me and my personality.
Lilac (thinking hard): Hmm... well, what do you think a good name would be Lakota?
Lakota: Um... well, you're fur color is blue and black and you're eyes are red so. That should also be taken into account.
Lilac: What about Mist?
Pup 3: Mist? What's a Mist?
Lilac: A mist is a cloud that sits on the ground. Many people think that fog in pictures is exotic, mysterious, and divine.
Pyron: Can we all agree on Mist?
Pup 3: What do you think mommy?
Pyron: I like it.
Mist: Ok. Then my new name is Mist.
Lilac: Welcome to our family mist.
Mist (smiling): Thanks Auntie Lilac!
Lilac: You're welcome.
Pup 1: Alright. What about me? I care about the runt of our litter and I'd put myself to the stake to protect her.
Lakota: Hmm. That kinda sounds like a guardian angel to me.
Pyron: What's that?
Lilac: Its a spiritual entity that watches over and protects things. Come to think of it his fur shines like the sun too. Lilac: I agree.
Lakota: I know the perfect name for him. Maximus.
Lilac: Maximus? As in that one war general
Lakota: Yeah. Him.
Pup 1: What's a general?
Lilac: Its basically a lesser alpha that answers to a high alpha. In charge of war and keeping their territories and pack members safe.
Pup 1: Yeah. I like that. I want my name to be Maximus.
Lilac: Max is a shorter version of Maximus. Do you mind if we nickname you that?
Max: No, not at all. Now. Its you're turn sis. Dont worry. I'll be here to help you.
Mist: Aww come on max! Shes not a baby she can take care of herself!
Max: I'm just trying to help.
Pyron: Pups enough.
Lilac: Tell me a little bit about yourself little one.
Pup 2: Well, I'm very shy and I rarely leave the den. I'm also grateful for Max always there to guide me.
Lilac: Oh this ones going to be hard.
Lakota: What do you like doing?
Pup 2: I like sitting outside and feeling the wind blow through my fur. I also like relaxing.
Pyron: I know exactly what to name you.
Pup 2: What is the name mommy?
Pyron: Lilac. You were named after a flower right?
Lilac: Yes.
Pyron: Why don't we name her after a flower. Do you have any good flower names?
Lilac: No I dont. I also did notice that she has a blue moon on her leg.
Pyron: Yeah?
Lilac: What about moon?
Pup 2: Its nice...
Pyron: Well, I can't think of anything better.
Lilac: Nor can I. Those names suit you.
Lakota: Alright. Now that that's settled... is it time for the introduction to the rest of the pack?
Pyron: I don't know. We all know that Capri is crazy and Wendigo never stands in her way, so this may not be a good idea.
Lilac: Well, we cant keep them hidden forever.
Max: Who is Capri?
Pyron: Youte insane aunt.
Max: Why do we hide from her?
Pyron: It wouldn't suprise me if she tried to harm you.
(The pups look scared.)
Lilac and Lakota: Dont worry. We will protect you.
Max: Moon. Stay behind me when we meet this girl ok?
Moon: Got it.
Mist: If she messes up my fur I swear!
Lakota: Alright. The Alphas should be calling us to go hunting at any time. Are you ready for introductions?
Pyron (nervously): Ready as I'll ever be.
Moon: Max I'm so scared.
Max: Dont worry, I'll protect you.
Lakota: Let's go.

(Lakota leads everyone including the pups out of the den. The Alphas are waiting out in front when Lakota turns the corner...)