Ashton

Dakota

"Dakota" mom calls me.

I groan and Ruger runs down. 

"Your mom's calling you" Gracie rolls off me and to another side of the bed.

"Why is it so fucking freezing in here?!" I stand up, throwing on a jacket.

"It's the middle of winter" Gracie laughs.

"Well, the warm air should be on" I zip up the zipper.

"Well, you wanted the window opened last night because you were 'boiling hot'" she mocks me.

I laugh. "Touché. Want a coat?"

"Please" she puts her hands out and I hand her one of my hoodies. "Thanks, now go see your mother!"

I laugh and jog out of my room and walks into the living room where everyone else is. "Yeah mama?"

"We have something to tell you! And we know it's gonna make you happy" mom smiles.

"A new car?" I smirk.

"Yeah, no" dad says and everyone laughs.

"What is it?" I ask in confusion.

Mom looks at everyone then me. "We're adopting a twelve year old boy named Ashton!"

My eyes widen and I walk to her with a huge smile on my face. "Wait wait, are you kidding me right now?!" I ask in excitement, then pause.

 "Wait wait, are you kidding me right now?!" I ask in excitement, then pause

"We're serious" dad ruffles my hair.

"Why do you look like you're thinking?" Zachary asks.

"Yeah, don't think too hard! We'll have a fire" Logan laughs and everyone groans.

"Shut the fuck up" Jagger throws a cheese stick at him.

I shake my head. "No no, I'm excited! But what what about Kailee? She's been in our family for three years now! What if she thinks we're replacing her?"

Yeah, it's been three years now.

And things ended with Jonathan and Gracie.

Quickly.

I'm back on The Red Hooders, and Gracie and I are still madly in love.

"We thought it would be nice to have someone around her age" dad says.

"I'm not outgrowing Kailee, guys. Kailee's m-"

"We're not saying that" mom cuts me off. "This boy just really needs a home, he's been in the orphanage for soooo long"

"What's his story?" I ask.

She frowns. "Parents died in the car crash with him in it"

I clench my jaw. "That's awful..." I frown and it gets silence. "Maybe Kailee wouldn't mind. When do we meet him?!"