Old Friends

Dakota

"You guys did awesome!" Ajax's girlfriend, Jane, walks in the locker rooms.

"Thanks babe" Ajax smiles.

"If you don't mind me asking, how do you guys know each other?" she asks.

"We've done some shit together awhile back" Ajax says.

"Like?" Jane chuckles.

"We've uh..." I turn to Ajax, hesitantly laughing and he turns to me

"Oooohhh, you use to date?" Jane makes an O shape with her lips

Ajax and I turn to her. "WE'RE NOT GAY!"

"Though, Dakota is gay for me" Ajax smirks, wrapping an arm around me.

"No!" I push him off. "I have a nine month pregnant girlfriend at home THANK YOU"

"So you don't think I'm pretty?" Ajax frowns and I smack the back of his head, making Jane laugh.

"I gotta get out of this and get home" I shake my head and change out of my uniform.

So this is hard to explain.

It's been a few months and Ajax and I got together again to play football.

Weird to explain.

Anyways.

I throw back on my normal clothes and walk to Ajax and Jane.

"You heading out?" Ajax asks and I nod. "You can wait in the car" he tells Jane. She shrugs and walks off.

"What? Hurry, I gotta go" I urge.

"The guys and I have this gang fight tomorrow and we wanted to know if you'd like to join in for this one time... we could really use a Red Hooder" he says in nervousness.

I try to form words. "What?"

"It's a big gang... we need as many people as we can get..." he says and I think. "Think about it. Text me when you know... we gotta know soon..." he walks off and I turn to him, lost for words.

" he walks off and I turn to him, lost for words