"That was awesome!"

Dakota

"STAY IN THE CAR" I tell Kailee before I run into the building, moving through all the blocked off cars and cops.

I then run down Ashton's hallway, and my heart drops as I see the paramedics in his classroom.

So with full speed, I run down the hall and run into his classroom, once again, pushing past paramedics and crying kids.

I see a man on the floor, dead with scissors in his eye and chest, along with blood all over the ground.

"Get back, everyone!" the teacher shouts and I look around.

Then I see him.

On the ground, holding his chest.

"ASHTON!" I run to my brother. "ARE YOU OKAY?!!"

"We need to get him out of here" the paramedics pull out their stretcher.

"We have no time for that!!" I pick up Ashton.

"Sir!" the cops snap.

"KEEP FUCKING PREVENTING ME FROM HELPING MY BROTHER AND SO HELP ME I WILL-" I stop myself.

The paramedics pulled out their stretcher in that time span, so I sigh and place him on it.

They seatbelt him up and run out of the classroom and out of the building.

"WHAT HAPPENED?!" dad sprints over.

"I don't know!" I get in my car. "Hold on, Kailee!" I put my car in drive, speeding behind the ambulance with dad behind me. Kailee looks out the window in fear, terrifying fear. "He's gonna be okay, I promise"

"What's his injury?" she frowns.

"I think he got shot in the chest" I say and her eyes widen. "Far from his heart, he's alive"

Tears escape her eyes. "What if he dies?"

I frown and hold her little hand. "Please don't cry, Ashton is nowhere near dying. It's a little bullet, it's the first time he's gotten shot and I know it won't be the last"

"That doesn't help!" she cries.

"Sorry! Sorry! What I mean is, he's gonna be okay! I'm serious! He's fine! Just in shock" I take a sharp turn.

She looks out the window and the rest of the ride was in silence.

Finally, we pull into the emergency room, but we can't go back... obviously.

"IS HE OKAY?!" mom runs in with everyone behind her.

"He's gonna be fine" I sit down, stressfully running my fingers through my hair.

"You're optimistic" Jagger says.

"Because I know my brother, Jagger" I snap.

"We should all be optimistic" Zachary crosses his arms.

"He got shot! Of course we won't be!" Logan throws his arms out in front of him.

"Dakota..." Gracie and Alex walk over.

"Are you okay?" Alex sits down.

I look at him. "Yes"

"I know that tone and look. You're not okay... you're scared" Gracie sits on the other side.

"Would you two leave me alone?" I stand up. "I'm fine! I'm just waiting for our brother to get out of surgery!"

"But you're scared, dude. You put on this act for people like you're the big guy, when really, you need to just let it out" Alex antagonizes.

I sit back down and sigh.

"Any other Archer would get mad if you said that" Gracie chuckles, trying to lighten the mood.

"Damn Archer's" Alex laughs along.

"You're an Archer" I smack his head.

"Touché" he rubs his head.

"I haven't seen you all day... how did dad's day go?" Gracie rubs my back.

I look at her, smiling. "Fun" I say, leaving out details.

"Soon you'll be doing that with baby!" she rubs her bump, making me smile.

"Dakota" Kailee calls me over and I turn to her. "Dad"

I make an O shape with my lips before getting up and walking over to her. "You really bought the heart in?" I chuckle.

"Yeah! Now you hold one side and I hold the other" she hands me the other side of the heart.

I take it and we walk to dad. "Dad" I catch his attention.

He turns to us and his frown turns into a smile. "Kailee... Dakota... this is awesome! I love it! And I love how you joined in" he looks at me and I smile before bro hugging him.

"It's from Kailee and I, but I forgot how much I missed making stuff for you growing up" I say.

"I miss it too" he says. "But thank you guys! This is really amazing!" he kisses Kailee's forehead.

"You're welcome" we smile.

"Now... I didn't get to finish it" Kailee walks to the table, pulling out another heart with my name on it with a baby, saying happy dads day.

I can see the glitter half on the heart, making me chuckle.

"Thank you, Kailee" I hug her. "This really made this whole situation better! I love you so much, and this! My kiddo's gonna have the best aunt!" I kiss her forehead.

She hands me the heart. "I'm gonna have the best niece or nephew!"

Gracie walks over. "Oh Kailee, that's adorable!"

"Right?!" I laugh.

"Archers?" a nurse walks out, causing heads to turn.

"How is he?" dad stands up.

"He's resting right now, it would be preferred for two people to go in at once" she says and mom and dad are of course the first ones up.

Gracie wraps an arm around me. "He's gonna wake up and all he's gonna talk about is how he killed someone in front of the whole class"

I chuckle. "I know"

We wait for a few minutes before mom and dad walks out, then Gracie and I walk in.

There Ashton is, just sleeping away.

"He looks peaceful" Gracie laughs.

"Yeah, little fuck" I wiggle Ashton's leg as I laugh.

"Fuck off" Ashton groans, waking up.

"Ah, my bitch is awake!" I smirk and he laughs. "How do you feel?"

"That was awesome!" he exclaims.

"Here we go" Gracie and I look at each other.

"The shooter came past our door and they were all no no everyone stay down, but me, being a future Red Hooder I am, grabbed scissors, opened the door, and jabbed him in the eye! But, I grabbed another one and charged at him. I stabbed him in the heart and then he shot me! Everyone was screaming and crying, but it was awesome!" he laughs.

"That's Ashton for you" I smack my forehead and Gracie laughs.

"We're glad you're okay though" Gracie smiles.

"I'd do it again!" Ashton smacks his hands together.

And that my friends,

is my little brother.