Jealousy

Gracie

I rub my bump and frown as Sabrina kicks. "I'm sorry, baby"

"Hey! Get ready!" Dakota walks in the room, scaring the shit out of me. "Sorry" he laughs.

"Get ready for what?" I sigh.

"We're going to the mall" he says and I look at him. "Me, you, Alex, and Emely"

"I'm not going" I say once I realize Emely's going.

"Why?" he looks heartbroken.

"I don't want to" I say.

"Babe... come on! Please? Plus, you and Emely could be me best friends! She's really the only girl in the house for you" he pulls on my arm.

"I'm sure, I just don't know her" I say.

"Then get to know her! Please babe? Just come... for me! I wanna shop for Sabrina! And get stuff for her nursery when we move out soon!" he says with a happy tone.

I sigh and get up. "Fine"

"Awesome! Come on!" he smiles widely and I playfully shake my head.

I change my clothes real fast before heading to the living room where Alex and Emely are.

I frown.

Emely is so pretty. Way prettier than me...

Dakota has to be attracted to her! She's gorgeous! And has a better body than me! I mean... I'm pregnant! I'm already huge and I'm already gonna get bigger!

And when I have Sabrina, my body is gonna be so different... I'm gonna have stretch marks and loose skin...

She's perfect for Dakota... and I bet she thinks I'm too ugly to be carrying Dakota's daughter.

She's probably making fun on me.

I know I shouldn't be insecure carrying my child, but I am.

I really am.

"Let's go!" Alex runs out of the house and Emely and Dakota follow him, laughing.

I frown, slowly walking.

Then Dakota turns to me and his eyes widen before running to me. "I'm sorry! I forgot!" he walks with me.

"Yeah" I sigh.

"Babe-"

I get in the backseat and Dakota gets in the drivers. "I guess I'll get the front seat" Alex shrugs and gets out of the car.

I put on my seatbelt and don't even look at Emely.

My hands are just covering my bump and I notice Dakota looking at me through the rear view mirror.

"Are you okay?" he asks.

"Yeah, tired" I say softly.

He sighs and I just sit back.

It's an hour drive to the mall, so all I did was listen to everyone laugh and talk, but I just acted like I was in my phone.

When we finally arrive to the mall, Dakota gets out and opens my door. "Are you ready to baby shop?!" he smiles.

"Yeah! It's just me and you right?" I ask.

"Well I'm sure Alex and Emely wanna help out" he says and I fake a smile. "Are you hungry?"

"Actually, I'm s-"

"Wanna get something to eat first?" Emely walks over.

"I'm not hungry" I change my mind.