Chapter 19: You're hiding something, aren't you Hawks?

"HAWKKKS" Endeavour yelled up into the sky, calling the younger man down from where he was flying, he heard a small yelp from Hawks's as his back straightened from the sudden yell, he looked down at Endeavour before flying down, "Yeah? What's up?" Hawks said as his feet landed onto the concrete.

Endeavour put his phone away and folded his arms over his large chest, "My son Shoto just called me, he said he saw Dabi in a comic store a 15 minute walk from here, we'll be going there now" Endeavour said in a stern voice as he began to walk down the street.

Hawks's eyes widened in shock as he began to fly beside Endeavour, "Wait, wait and Wait! Why would Dabi be in a comic store?! That's a bit out of character for him.." Hawks said with a slight nervous tone. He wanted to scream because of Dabi, what in his right mind would he go to a COMIC STORE?!

"It doesn't matter, we shall investigate the area and surrounding, I have already called Detective Tsukauchi while you where searching the air for no damn good reason" he said, pointing a finger in Hawks's face at the last part.

Hawks nervously chuckled once Endeavour put his finger down from his face, it seemed like Endeavour was angrier than usual, he wondered why for a few seconds before slamming into a street light. Endeavour just Facepalmed as he watched Hawks rub his head in pain.

"What has been happening to you, Hawks? You've been acting strangely ever since Dabi had escaped" Endeavour said turning his head around to the hero with an eyebrow raised. Hawks's forehead began to form beads of sweat, his eyes grew a fraction and he fiddled with his gloves.

He smiled awkwardly and chuckled to cover his panic, 'Crap! Keep it together Hawks, you're gonna give away Touya's hiding spot which is also your apartment!' He thought to himself as he looked into Endeavours eyes, "You're joking, why would I be hiding anything?"

Endeavour gave him an unimpressed look as his folded arms tightened, "Because you look like you're hiding something..." He said with a slight of anger in his tone. Hawks breath hitched and he flew to the ground, "Endeavour trust me when I say that I'm not hiding anything, m'kay?" He said patting Endeavour arm.

Endeavour just sighed and began to walk to the store once again, after he walked far enough Hawks sighed to himself and wiped the sweat from his forehead, "Thank God.." He muttered before beginning to fly back to Endeavour. His eyes landed on the male hero as he flew above him, 'This guy..after what Touya has told me..why did I look up to him?'

~A few days ago~

"You want to learn more about me?" Dabi asked as he dried the plate he had in his hands, "Hell yeah! Come on tell me~!" Hawks said as he jumped onto the bench beside the sink, "What do you wanna know?" Dabi asked as he turned to the blonde.

"how about...your scars, how'd you get them?" Hawks asked grabbing an apple from the fruit basket, he bit it down and looked at Dabi who's eyes widened, "Huh? Something wrong?" Hawks asked while poking Dabi's shoulder.

Dabi sighed and ur the plate down, "Well..I guess it was my fault? I mean not entirely..it was Endeavours fault as well. We were fighting about my little brother Shoto and well it didn't go to well..I ended up in the hospital for a month..my dad didn't even apologies after I was checked out..so yeah.." Dabi said getting back to drying the dishes with the cloth in hand.

Hawks gave him a pitiful look and stared at the ground, "Wow..I didn't know that.." Dabi  gave a hollow chuckle and stared at Hawks, "No one knew..be lucky you know no-" Dabi was cut off by Hawks getting off the bench and hugging the villain from behind, Hawks buried his face in Dabi's back with a sad expression.

"Well..this is unexpected.." Dabi said, Hawks just grumbled and tightened his arms around Dabi's waist, "I really thought Endeavour was cool back when I was younger and even now but after hearing and seeing what he's done..I don't think he's a good person.."

Dabi shifted around so now that Hawks face was planted into Dabi's chest, he patted the heroes head and smiled softly, "It's fine, you didn't know..it's in the past now so chill out, okay?" Hawks nodded and smiled as well.

"As long as your-"

Hawks!!!

~Present time~

Hawks snapped out of his trance to see Endeavour staring at him, "We're here, let's go" Hawks smirked and faced towards the building until he froze...

......
........

........

"Why are we at my apartment complex?"

"You're hiding my son here, aren't you Hawks?"

End
Word count: 820