||4||

3rd Person

    Christmas is now two days away and Forth was now trying to pick out a perfect gift for Beam.

    He had the slightest feeling of deja vu.

    He never knew what to get Beam. Beam didn't like large gifts, which only made everything even harder.

    As Forth was searching throughout the store, Beam was back at the house, making cookies, when Yuta walked into the kitchen.

    "Those smell really good." He said smiling softly. Beam smiled back fondly.

    "Thank you. Want to help put them on the sheet?" He questioned, holding up the bowl of cookie dough.

    Yuta smiled wide and nodded, jumping up from his seat to help Beam.

    "Where did you learn to make these?" Yuta asked.

    "You're grandmother, actually." Beam told him with a small smile. "It was Christmas, two years ago."

    "When you met my dad?" Yuta asked, a smirk forming on his lips.

    Beam nodded. "Yup." He said nodding.

    "Maybe you can teach me sometime. Like, passing it down the family."

    Beam paused for a moment, realizing Yuta had just practically referred to him as family.

    "S-Sure." Beam said nodding and gaining his smile back.

    "You know, I may only be fourteen, and no nothing about love, or whatever, but I've seen the way dad looks at you." He said jumping up to sit on the counter as Beam put the cookie sheet in the oven.

    Beam scoffed and shook his head. "We haven't seen each other in so long that I doubt there would be as much attraction as there was before."

    Yuta chuckled softly. "You're worried that's coming from his side. I mean, it's clear you are still in love with him. I mean, I've heard stories and it's like nothing has changed."

    "What exactly have you heard?" Beam askes, eyeing him.

    Yuta shrugged. "Oh, not that much. Just everything. Dad can never stop talking about you." He said with a small laugh.

    Beam felt his lips form a small smile. "R-Really?"

    "Yeah. But, what do I know? I'm only fourteen." Yuta said jumping down from the counter and shrugging. "Call me when the cookies are done."

    With that, he walked out of the kitchen and into the living room.

    Beam smiled to himself as he sat down at the counter.

    Just as he did, the side door, the one connected to the garage opened, and in walked Forth.

    He was holding a few shopping bags, which he set on the counter quietly.

    "Hey." He said with a small smile on his face.

    Beam smiled back fondly. "Hi."

    Neither one of them spoke, afraid of what might come out.

    Beam decided to break the moments of silence first.

    "I'm making cookies."

    Forth smiled wide. "The ones my mom showed you to make when you first came down?" He questioned.

    Beam nodded with a small smile.

    "Beam." Forth called his name with such a soft and small voice. Beam was almost fooled that he was a child.

    "Yeah?"

    "I know that I've just arrived back home and we haven't talked much, but I just want you to know that nothing has changed since I've been gone." Forth said reaching across the counter and grabbing Beam's hand.

    He held it with both of his, and rubbed the back of it as he continued on speaking.

    "I've thought about you everyday since I've been gone. I thought so much about contacting you, but I knew that I would hop on the next plane here if I did. I knew you wouldn't want that. And, even though we haven't been together over the past two years, I've been completely faithful to you and only you."

    "Forth." Beam voice, when he spoke, had so much emotion. He felt like bursting into tears at Forth's confession.

    "Now that I'm back, there is nothing stopping me from taking back what's mine. You. I want us to be us again. We've changed, but we are also still the same. I couldn't see that at first, but now I do. I know, you may not be completely ready yet, but I hope one day you are. And, until that day, I'll wait for you. I'll always wait." He finished his speech with a small kiss on the back of Beam's hand.

    He softly laid Beam's hand on the table before smiling fondly and standing up.

    Beam watched, frozen in place, as Forth exited the kitchen.

    He didn't even get to speak in return, but he felt like he didn't have to. He felt like he knew Forth already knew he was still madly in love with him.

    He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, letting a small smile form upon his lips.

    Yuta peaked around the corner with a smirk. "Told you so."

__________

Thoughts on this chapter?