||13||

Beam slowly opened his eyes, faced with a bright white light above him. 

    He squinted his eyes and lifted his hand to cover his eyes as he slowly tried to sit up. 

    “Don’t move.” He heard Fame’s voice beside him. “There’s an IV in your arm.” He said as Beam’s eyes adjusted to the bright light. 

    Beam groaned as he looked around. “Am I in the hospital?” He questioned. 

    Fame didn’t answer the question. Instead, he looked down at his folded hands that were laying in his lap. 

    “Fame, what happened? Why am I in the hospital? Where’s Forth.” He asked, doing his best to sit up.

    “Beam. I-I’m sorry.” Fame said shaking his head. A tear fell from his cheek as he stood up and ran out of the room. 

    “Fame!” He called after him. “Where’s Forth?” 

    “Beam,” Fah ran into the room and gently soothed Beam. “it’s okay. He’s okay. He’s in the room next door.” 

    Beam let out a sigh of relief as a few tears fell from his eyes. “What happened?” He questioned, once again.

    “There was a bad accident. A truck slammed into the side of you guys. It slammed into your side, but Forth is still passed out.” Fah told him as she held him close in her trembling arms. 

    “No.” Beam said as he shook his head. “No. It’s not fair.” He said burying his face into Fah’s shoulder. “It’s not fair.” He repeated in a quieter voice. 

    The door to the room opened and Yuta walked in with tear stained eyes. He walked over to Beam’s bed and rubbed his shoulder. Seeing him made Beam even more hurt. 

    “I’m gonna go get the doctor.” Fah said standing up and leaving the two by themselves. 

    “It’s gonna be okay.” Yuta said as he sniffled a little. He held grabbed Beam’s head and hugged him close. “It’s gonna be okay.” He repeated. 

    They stayed like that for a few more moments before the doctor came in and examined Beam. 

    He said that he was more surprised that Beam wasn’t in as critical condition as Forth, especially since the truck slammed into his side of the vehicle.

    The doctor told him to give a little bit, let him rest for a few more hours, and then he could go see Forth. 

    Even though he was reluctant, he obeyed what the doctor said and got a little stronger before Yuta helped him to go to Forth’s room. 

    Yuta stopped him as they stood outside the room. “I just want you to know that the doctor said that it isn’t as bad as it looks. They are just scratches and I don’t want you to freak out when you see him.” He explained. 

    Beam took a deep breath and nodded slowly before Yuta opened the door.

    Forth was lying in the hospital bed, his eyes closed, hooked up to to many tubes to count. His gown was open slightly at his waist. Beam could make a bandage wrapped around him. His arm was in a light blue cast and was in a sling, laying at his side. He had bruises and scratches all over his hands, face, and arms. They were accompanied by a few bandaids. And, to top it all off, a bandage was wrapped tightly around his head. 

    Yuta guided a jaded Beam to sit in a chair next to the bed. 

    Beam felt a few tears fall from his eyes and he reached forward and softly touched the bandage on Forth’s waist. “What happened?” 

    Yuta took a seat in the other chair. “He had two cracked ribs, and there was a piece of glass lodged into his abdomen. They had to perform surgery to remove it.”

    More tears fell from Beam’s eyes as he reached forward and grabbed Forth’s bandaged hand, bringing it to his lips and kissing it softly. 

    “Please come back to me.”

__________

Thoughts on this chapter?