||12||

Beam was sitting at the kitchen table when Forth came in the door with a wide smile on his face.

    "I have good news." He said sitting down across from him.

    Beam wanted to smile, but couldn't. He thought he knew what the food news was, and definitely didn't want to hear it.

    "The university offered me a job." He said, smiling even wider, of that was possible.

    "I know." Beam said quietly.

    Forth's smile dropped a little. "You know? How did you find out?" He asked, a little saddened by not being able to tell Beam the food news.

    "I heard you on the phone last night with Red." Beam admitted.

    Forth looked at him confused, so Beam decided to elaborate a little.

    "I heard that you got offered the job in Japan. If you've come back to tell me goodbye, again, I don't want to hear it. I can't." Beam said standing up and shaking his head.

    He waved his hand at Forth and turned around, and began walking out of the kitchen.

    Forth jumped up and grabbed Beam's arm, stopping him and making him turn to look back at him.

    "Beam. You were supposed to hear me talk about that. I was gonna tell you eventually, but only after I had good news." Forth admitted.

    "What good news?"

    "I talked to the headmaster and a current engineering professor. He said he would go in my place and I could take his here. I'm staying." Forth explained with a wide smile.

    Beam felt his breath release in a sigh. "Really?"

    Forth laughed and nodded. "I would never leave you, and even if I did want to take it, I woukd ask you to come with me."

     Beam wrapped his arms tightly around Forth's neck and hurried his face in the crook of his neck. "I don't know what I would do if I you left me again. I wouldn't be able to take it."

    Forth caressed the back of his head and soothed him. "You never have to worry about that again."

    Beam pulled back and placed his lips on Forth's for a quick peck. "Let's celebrate then."

    "What do you wanna do?" Forth questioned, wrapping his arms around Beam's waist and holding him tightly.

    "Hm. How about we go to that sushi place you took me when you told me you liked me for the first. I used to go there all the time, the year after you left, cause I missed you so much. Now, you're back so it won't feel as sad." Beam suggested, shrugging his shoulders.

    Forth smiled and nodded. "Lets go."

    They both made their way out to the car, hand in hand.

    Neither one of them had ever felt so content.

    They sat in the car, in a comfortable and happy silence for most of the drive.

    About halfway there, they were stopped by a red light.

    Forth took this as his chance to take Beam's hand back in his and kiss it softly.

    Beam smiled wide and the light turned green.

    Forth stepped on the gas petal, only to be stopped, once again. Not by a red light this time, though.

    They were stopped by a bright red car running the red light and crashing into Forth's truck, sending them rolling.

__________

Thoughts on this chapter?

Do you hate me yet?