Taking the long way to Australia

On the road.

We was beginning our tour in Australia, hence why the boys from 5 Seconds Of Summer was picked up last. After touring Australia and New Zealand, we'd then fly over to America and tour the North and Canada, then move down to the South. After that we'd fly to Europe and also visit parts of Asia like Japan and Turkey, I think there's few others but I can't recall at the moment.

I loved driving journeys, I loved the feel of being on the road whether it was a car or whatever.

I had my special spot on the bus, my own little corner near the back - there was a window just above the cushioned large seat and was near the fridge -bonus! The chair was the odd thing out on the bus, it was just a big sofa chair placed in a weird area? It even faced the wrong way, didn't face out it face to the window. I'd stay up, grab a big blanket and make a tea, put my head phones in and open the window and sit there all night looking out.

In fact that's what I'm doing right now.

We're on our way to Adelaide, it's a long drive and will take us around three days to get there (the day of our show), from where we are. Don't ask me where we are, I have no clue. I'm useless with geography! This is considered geography right?

It was amazing being in Australia though, it's so different to England. It's nice the see the place that Luke, Calum, Ashton and Mikey grew up!

Speaking of them, Long Way Home began to play on my phone. I think its in fact my favourite song from 5SOS and it's also co-wrote with that lyrical genius Alex, like I mentioned before.

"Take me back to the middle of nowhere, back to the place only you and I share, remember all the memories? The fireflies and make-believe. Kicking back in the old school yard, singing songs on our guitars. This is our reality, crazy stupid, you and me" I sang softly to myself, remember that everyone else was asleep. I couldn't help but smile at the lyrics.

"We know this is the way it's supposed to be" I heard a mumble behind me. I swiftly turned around and was met by the giant himself, Luke Hemmings. I sent him a smile. He was holding a mug in his hand and I moved over in my giant chair and signalled him to join me. He joined me and I placed my earphone in his left ear.

"I love this song you know" I smiled at him, taking a sip of my tea.

"It's one of my favourites too. Damn I wish If anything I had wrote this song, Ashton and Mikey struck gold!" He giggled. "I'm jealous you claimed this spot you know, it's awesome!"

"Maybe we could share? Sometimes it gets cold here, it's nice having someone to keep me warm" I tried to stare out the window, I knew if I looked at Luke I'd just gush over him and look like a fool.

"You're cold? Wait lean forward" I did as I was told and he wrapped his left arm around me, bringing it under my arm and then locking his hands around his mug.

"Thanks Luke" I pushed further into him, resting my head in his shoulder followed by him placing his on my head. "I can't wait for this tour to begin".

"Me too. We all love your band, we tried to see you at some shows in London but they was all sold out!" He sighed.

"We would have let you in for free stupid! You're Luke Hemmings from 5SOS. You're our idols!" Gosh that sounded so dorky.

"We're your idols?" I felt Luke smile.

"Yeah, of course we have other influences, but it was you guys that made this happen. We love your music so much! The Silver happen because of 5SOS!" I was proud to tell him.

"Wow. We made The Silver happen. The actual band The Silver, the band that's changing history was influenced by 5 Seconds Of Summer!" He pulled me closer and then placed his drink on the side, and then took mine and place it down too.

He then gave me a full on hug. I don't know what made me do it, but I pecked him on the cheek. We both smiled and lent back into the chair, within seconds falling asleep.

-

"Pst. Hey Geri, get a look at them! I'm gonna take a photo!" I was slowly awoken by hushed tones.

"Aww look how cute they are!" I heard a certain ginger squeal behind me, making me jump out of my skin. This also caused Luke to jump too.

"Damn! Geri! Don't bloody do that you stupid shit face!" I mumbled, rubbing my eyes. As the blur left my site everyone was standing, and sitting around staring at me and Luke.

"Got the picture! I'll upload it to Twitter!" Jack giggled, running off.

"Hehehe, it's so cute when you English girls say bloody!" Ashton giggled. "But don't swear!"

"Morning all!" Luke spoke. He then looked down at me and smiled. "Hey DJ".

"Hey, thanks for keeping me warm last night." I blushed.

Calum coughed, me and Luke looked above and he handed us both two cups of tea.

"Thanks Cal" I smiled.

"Are you two planning on getting up today? Or are just going to make googoo eyes all day?" Calum turned and laughed.

"Googoo eyes I think!" Cara added. "She's not a morning person at all! Oh my god, Val do you remember that time I woke her up by accident and she thought it was Geri and punched her in the face!" She burst into laughter, followed by everyone else, but with more shocked looks upon their faces.

"Just don't wake fuc-" I began, before Ash shot me a look, "me up!" I moaned.

"If we didn't wake you up you'd sleep all day! It's because you're awake all night. You're not part owl are you? I bet this is your fault Hemmings, don't distract our girl!"

"Luke's the same! We don't even talk to him in the mornings a the risk of being eaten alive!" Mikey added. "Looks like they're perfect for each other then!"

"Maybe!" Luke winked and hid my face.

Everyone got back to what they was doing and Alex came over to me and Luke, he sat on the left arm of the chair. "Hey guys, how about the lead singers have a writing day together? DJ didn't you say you wanted a new song for the album?"

"Yes! That would be amazing. Actually I think we should do something even better!" I smiled.

"We should write a song for all of us together!" Luke burst!

"Luke I was just gonna say that! We could put it on all our Albums!" I added.

"Great idea! Let's go to the back room, we'll begin in 10!" Alex cheered and we all got up.

"Where are you going?" Jack asked.

"To make history happen!" Alex shouted back at him, slamming the door.

"No threesomes on the bus!" Jack screamed through. God dammit Jack.

___________________________

Vote because inappropriate Jack comments are what I live for.

I feel like this is so accurate me, Alex and Jack are always so awkward 😂.
Met them a few times! And I'm happy about it so bragbragbraggggg

X