Infinity

Seungyoun stared up at the ceiling, watching the holographic stars projecting on the wall grow larger and larger.

"Just beneath Orion's Belt is Sirius" Hangyul pointed to the map of stars on the ceiling, "sirius is the brightest star in the sky."

Seungyoun wrinkled his nose while listening intently to Hangyul explain the Milky Way. The star projector was actually a gift from Hangyul some time ago, and whenever he had a restless night he turned it on and immediately felt more relaxed.

"It looks kinda lonely even though it's the prettiest star" Seungyoun pouted making Hangyul chuckle.

"Well it's actually a binary star so it's made up of two stars, Sirius A and Sirius B" Hangyul explained, "that's why it's so bright, they work together."

Seungyoun turned to his side and faced Hangyul, closely studying his face as he spoke. He wanted to take in every detail of him, from the exact way his eyebrows would turn down when he was concentrating, to the way the corner of his lips would curl when he made a mistake.

"I'm going to miss you" Seungyoun blurted out causing Hangyul to stop and turn his head locking gazes with Seungyoun .

Hangyul pressed his lips together creating a soft smile.

"I'm going to miss you too."

The two of them stared at each other in silence, just basking in their presence. Knowing someone was going to leave for an indefinite amount of time made them realize how much every second counted. Every story, every laugh, every petty argument every little thing counted.

Hangyul's watch beeped, signaling that he had to leave for his last day of training before the big expedition.

"Newton's at 7pm ?" Hangyul said as he jumped to his feet.

"Don't you want to rest and spend time with your family?" Seungyoun asked even though he would rather spend the most he could with Hangyul before he left in a couple hours.

"I really need to show you something so no" Hangyul replied with a smirk and grabbed his bag from the counter.

"Don't be late."

Seungyoun nodded to himself and resumed to staring up at the ceiling. Anyone would think he was so strong right now, especially over the last few weeks. People applauded him for putting Hangyul first and making sure he was sticking to his diets and his training. He was being the best friend he could be but on the inside he was dying.

It got really bad especially at night when he was alone with his thoughts. His heart would beat rapidly fast, his palms were always sweaty and the nightmares consumed him.

'What if something goes wrong' his brain would tell him. Would he still be the hero that pushed his friend to live his dream ?

One night the thoughts were eating at him and it became so bad that he had to see Hangyul.

There he was 2:30am knocking on Hangyul's door, asking him if he could spend the night. That night worried Hangyul and Seungyoun was aware of it. He swore that from that day forward he would bury the fear and make sure Hangyul didn't have to worry about him.

Seungyoun had drifted off to sleep without realizing and woke up to the sound of an alarm Hangyul probably set up for him. He rubbed his tired eyes and switched off the projector before making his way to the shower.

He was about 30 minutes late to Newton's but he managed to sneak in before Yohans dad could catch him in order to ask a million questions. Making his way up the stairs and into the observatory itself instead of the rooftop, per Hangyuls request he noticed a figure standing beside the main telescope.