crossroads

"I swear I did not look at the answer!"

"You kinda did Seungyoun"

"blindfold me then!"

Seungwoo cocked his head to the side and smirked, knowing how competitive Seungyoun had become in order to finish his exam. It had been five short months since their first meeting and Seungwoo couldn't believe how they connected almost instantly. They had hung out everyday after his lessons, and after Seungyoun completed one of his clients tax books for the day. It went from just studying to movie hangouts, museum visits and even a drunken sleepover. But he also knew Seungyoun had hid a part of his life, a little piece that he could never be introduced to. Yohan described it to him as an old friend who moved away, and Seungwoo decided to respect his privacy, stopping Yohan from sharing any more details.

"You really want me to blindfold you ?" Seungwoo mused as he pulled out a tie from his closet and approached Seungyouns frame. He held up the tie and carefully tied it over Seungyoun's eyes, allowing his fingers to brush through Seungyoun's dark hair.

"Now you will know that I am not a cheater" Seungyoun grinned before hearing the doorbell ring.

"I wonder who that could be" Seungwoo mumbled and walked over to his door as Seungyoun dropped the blindfold curious about Seungwoo's random visitor.

He watched Seungwoo chat for a while before turning around and face him, an apologetic look spread across his face.

"I have to moderate an exam, you wanna go for chicken and beer at the pier later?" Seungwoo asked sweetly, grabbing his lab coat from its hook.

Seungyoun smiled as he packed away his stuff and met Seungwoo at the door.

"Sure, but you're paying."

Seungyoun decided to head to the observatory since he had been so busy lately and he missed two days of his routine check in. For once he was praying that there were no messages from Hangyul since he was greeted with a very angry voice message a few weeks ago at the Space Station.

"Seungyoun I thought we made a deal, why have you not replied to any of my codes ? I sent a bunch to let you know our video messages weren't sending through and we might lose connection again over the next few weeks."

He could hear the obvious annoyance in Hangyul's voice message but to be fair, he did reply to most of the codes but during one of the weeks the Observatory was under construction and Seungyoun had no access to the computer.

"Im really going to beat you up when I get back Seungyoun. I think you found someone new to hang out with and you're ignoring me. Anyway answer my codes before we lose connection again."

It hurt Seungyoun to know that Hangyul's hunch was indeed correct and that he had been spending all his time with Seungwoo. But he decided to keep it a secret, from the both of them. He had no idea why, but he felt it would mess up the dynamic and the way he was living right now, was probably one of the best feelings he has had in a long time.

Seungwoo was different to Hangyul but also shared a few characteristics that Seungyoun enjoyed. He loved that Seungwoo was nerdy, but he would go out of his way to try out something new with him. Seungwoo was also very patient and affectionate when it came to Seungyoun's studying and progress. He would always praise him and encourage him to move out of his bubble and explore more possibilities, for both his career and himself.

Seungyoun approached the computer and noticed just two unread messages from Hangyul. He grabbed his notebook and deciphered the messages with ease. These kind of things were now a walk in the park for him.

- satellites fixed - Captain says we will be making our route back to earth soon. - H

- cant wait to see your stupid face. Tell parents I love them. - H

Seungyoun quickly typed in his code before the connection went out, feeling much lighter knowing that their expedition was moving smoothly and that they'd be home soon.

- stay safe. Will let parents know you're coming home soon. - S

Seungyoun packed away his notebook and threw a sheet over the monitor before heading down to meet Seungwoo at the pier. Even though his mood was evidently improving over these months, today seemed to be one of the best. He got great news from Hangyul and within a few months, he'll have him back home.

"Hey I ordered our food, I set up a place for us down there" Seungwoo smiled as Seungyoun embraced him into a tight hug which caught Seungwoo off guard.

"Wow you seem to be in a good mood today" he chuckled.

"I am and im really hungry" Seungyoun grinned and followed Seungwoo onto the beach where he had a picnic blanket laid out and a night light.

The delivery man soon appeared and gifted the two boys with their order and they immediately dug into the hot meal. Seungyoun cracked open two cans of beer and handed one of them to Seungwoo as they watched the waves meet the shore.

"Do you bring all your dates here ?" Seungyoun teased and fluttered his lashes at Seungwoo.

"ugh shut up" Seungwoo rolled his eyes playfully and took a swig of his drink.

"Its nice though" Seungyoun pursed his lips and stared up at the stars "I dont know what I would've been doing if I hadn't met you Seungwoo."

Seungwoo eyes raised as he heard the heartfelt words from his friend and looked over at Seungyoun who seemed completely lost in stars much like the night they first had dinner together.

"What do you mean ? were you in a bad place ?"

"Bad would be an understatement" Seungyoun scoffed and turned to Seungwoo, watching the same stars he watched in the sky now twinkle in Seungwoo's eyes

"I know I can be stubborn and annoying but thanks for putting up with me when no one else would."

Seungwoo found himself move closer until their shoulders touched and felt his heart beat rapidly at the energy now flowing between them. Seungyoun on the other hand played it cool, as he was used to being close with Seungwoo especially after he had allowed him to stay over a few times.

"You were there for me too" Seungwoo whispered and reached for Seungyoun's hand.

Seungyoun watched as Seungwoo inched closer finally realizing what was happening and he felt his face heat up. He had no idea why Seungwoo would feel this way about someone like him but he felt guilty for leading him on. He did admit that he liked the way he felt around Seungwoo but he was not Hangyul.

He was not Hangyul.

Seungyoun gulped and realized what that man had mentioned in the space station about falling in love. He was in love with Hangyul. He wanted to be with Hangyul so much because he was desperately in love with him, and only him.

"Seungyoun, I really like you" Seungwoo whispered, "you really made this the most amazing five months of my life."

Seungyoun watched as Seungwoo closed his eyes and mimicked his actions, allowing someone who just walked into his life steal a kiss that belonged to someone else.