Their reaction to seeing you cry for the first time

I planned on taking some time to rest my eye-ache but heart-aches give me the need to write.

Tanjiro

You did not cry in front of him, he just happened to hear (or scent) the smell of your tears

You did not cry in front of him, he just happened to hear (or scent) the smell of your tears. It would be hard for him to think straight, as his natural gentle and kind side would be destroyed by the sounds of your whimpers, letting place to an immense heartache, almost like the pain you felt would be duplicated just so that it could settle into his heart. He did not mind. No, quite the contrary, he wanted you to feel safe and not lonely anymore, so if this was the price to pay, he did not mind going through it a few more times.

He would be the best at comforting you. In a bold move, he would sit right beside you and stroke your hair in a soothing manner, the warmth of his palm promising you that he would stay by your side until further disapproval from you. 

He did not push you to talk, his soothing voice, in between a whisper and a normal tone, would say "You don't have to tell me, (First Name)-san."  Yet, feeling so comfortable with him, you would start muttering out the reasons why your heart sinked, and at each word you let out, his heart would silently sink with yours just like they were two boats colliding into one another. 

It broke his own heart seeing so so sad, that he kept on hugging you, talking to you in the most gentle manner in your ears so you would feel the love he breathed out for you, and only you. He even dried your tears with his index fingers, collecting the products of your lacrymal gland to tear them away from you, eventually finding stars within them. Oddly enough, the unusual closeness of your two bodies feeling almost natural. 

" (First Name)... As long as I am here by your side, meaning forever, just remember that I will always care about you. "

Zenitsu

The blond being a sensitive kind of person was a known fact

The blond being a sensitive kind of person was a known fact. But when you cried, it was a whole different story. He would immediately shut everything down and crawl to you, panicking a little as why and what got you in that state.