♥bonus 8 : Drawing hearts (Zenitsu X Reader)

This was requested by inkauwu , I'm not very good at fluff but I tried my best.

―❀―

How could the infinite of the world be defined or summed up by the shortness of a few letters ? How could language match the reflection of his eyes, the way he saw the universe, and if it did, would it even compare to the burning feeling he would ...

How could the infinite of the world be defined or summed up by the shortness of a few letters ? How could language match the reflection of his eyes, the way he saw the universe, and if it did, would it even compare to the burning feeling he would be offered each time he crossed the way of that ethereal bottomless (eyes color) sea he was dreaming of diving into ?

If (First Name) could be described by words, which was difficult, he would call her an angel. Even that word wasn't as powerful as he thought it would be. He tried going with adjectives. Ethereal ? Dazzling ? Ideal ? Exquisite ? Radiant ? Unreachable ? Mesmerizing ? Zenitsu tried to come up with all the words he had encounter in hope one of them would finally match a brief fraction of your being.

He admired every single fibre of your existence, and all the actions you would do, even the simplest ones. The would feel like you were in the middle of time and space, like the planets felt into the same perfect line and order just so they could also have the chance to meet you. And there he was, feeling like the luckiest human alive to even have the chance to see a glimpse of that spectacle.

―❀―

(First Name) was enjoying her favorite book of the moment by a close-by river, silky strands of her (hair color) locks falling gracefully around the shape of her golden features. He would always find a way to follow her, even if it meant hiding behind a tree or a bush, his golden locks giving him away since they didn't match the landscape. Yet, he always thought his plan was a success, until Inosuke would barge in to drag him for one of his adventures, which made Zenitsu feel like he was leaving into another world where he wouldn't have the honor to meet your gaze. How unfortunate, couldn't he be offered the peace he so wished to get the chance to look at you. He didn't want to seem like a stalker, but something celestial and addictive at the same time would always occur once he looked at you, and he wanted time to stop just so he could prevent that peacefulness from fading.

How he wised he was as skilled in words as the book you were reading so he could initiate contact and let you know about all the emotions he felt. « Wouldn't I be ridiculous though ? » he self-consciously thought to himself as he looked down for a moment, trying to figure out how he would be able to stop time on his own and show you how much you meant to him.

That's when his eyes landed on the book held in between your calloused fingers.

―❀―

When the night came, Zenitsu executed what he liked to call his « Master plan ». He crept into your room once you were fast asleep and managed to steal the book you were reading. He realized the right corner of one page was folded, he assumed it was where you had finished your activity. He quickly walked back to his room, holding the book close to his heart, an electric shock running through his veins as he felt like he had finally reached to you.

Once he got back to his room, the object still closed to his heart, he let out a relieved sigh, just like he was holding his breath for so long, yet he didn't even notice. His golden orbs grazed over the page you had marked with your own hands, gulping a bit at how anxious he was, what in the hell got to him ? Wasn't he just going to be making a fool of himself ? Trying his best to suppress that thought, he grabbed a pencil he dipped into ink so he could let his mind take the lead.

Once he was done, after what felt like eternity, he dropped the book in front of your door, running away, as if he was never there.

―❀―

When morning brought its beaming sky blue hues to the world, its soothing yet strong light grazing through space, (First Name) woke up to the chants of the chirping birds. Sitting up, you noticed that your book was no longer next to your bed. When you got up and left your personal space, your feet grazed upon a tough surface that didn't feel like the floor. Looking down, your eyes met the cover of your book. Raising an eyebrow to why it was here, you opened it where you had left your lecture, only to be met with shaky words, brought by sincere fingers through a genuine soul, one that would never lie, one that would bring light to this world through the striking of a thunderlight, yet being so soft and candid.

His handwriting was scratched over and over again, like they were not fitting his thoughts or his heart. Even where he had written your name, he scratched it, like he wasn't worthy of speaking your name.

All the scratches made you giggle, because all he managed to do was, in fact, drawing a heart, as if that simple shape was enough to sum up the entirety of his emotions at the moment, words being too weak to match a fraction of his feelings. Grabbing the pen that was left in between the pages, you made something that felt like a scratch, a soft giggle reasoning through the hallway.

And when he heard you giggle, he let out a relieved sigh, as usual, hiding so he wouldn't disturb your existence, but at least, now he had his own impact on it, like you two were part of the same world.

When he thought he was hiding well, he was surprised to see a shadow over him, a smile plastered on the features he enjoyed with deep and undisputed devotion belonging to none other than the celestial creature he loved and will for as long as he breathed. He looked up, meeting the endless (eye color) of your orbs, feeling like time had stopped. He couldn't utter a single sound when he heard your soft voice echoing through his ears :

« Open the book, page 143. » you said, quickly winking at him before leaving him to his hiding spot. He executed your orders only to meet another drawn heart right next to the one he drew hesitantly, which sent his own heart beating faster than usual.

Finally, your two worlds collided, making it only one.