♥ bonus 6 : Somebody's someone (Shinobu x Neutral! Reader)

This one was requested by velcroe, I'm so sorry for the wait but I wanted to get to know Shinobu better before writing. The recovery theme is slight.

Next is a scenario !

―❀―

Following the path of blood and justice was a tough choice, but the most fulfilling and satisfying of them all. It gave life a purpose, but also the means to pursue that noble goal that was saving people from fear and despair, offering them a chance to redeem and hope for a better life.

That was the choice (First Name) decided to pursue. No matter how much of your blood would be lost, no matter how hard this would be and how ruthless your duty was, you promised yourself to do everything in your power to stop the despair swallowing the world and eating the life's out of the ones you held dear. 

Everyone, in your opinion, was a "somebody's someone", meaning that no life could be thrown away. It was something you would always repeat to the other pillars, the ones that oddly enough, appeared to be like your family. 

Yet, you never thought you could turn out to be a somebody's someone. After all, your lifestyle did not allow for such a role to occur. But your fighting skills and philosophy, and not to be forgotten, your tremendous (eyes color) and beaming smile, trapped the heart of one of your peer, as if it was stuck in a spiderweb. 

When you were out on a mission, failure was not an option. Oh hell no. Every single of them could be your last, you thought, so fighting with self-interest and preservation was not acceptable, otherwise, this path was not meant for you. 

Therefore, every one of your dispute was one to see, one not to be messed with. The way you moved your sword, almost drawing a picture, with delicacy and will, the way your haori flowed with the wind, almost confusing you with the night-birds, the way your breath itched, almost like you hummed a song, all of it was like a requiem thoroughly thought for your opponent with that same burning passion and purpose : justice. 

None of the pillars dared to interfere, all dazed by your fights, but how they wished they would right now, how hard they wished they had tried to stop that requiem and turn it to a heal-prayer to you. Out of nowhere, a tough-looking demon, probably one of the toughest they encountered, had broke into your fight and with its power, had cut your back open. Your (favorite color) haori turned into cherry red, as if a stain splashed onto that beautiful painting you were drawing, now meant to never be finished. 

You laid on the cold floor, the thick liquid framing your body all around you, almost drawing you wings, just like you were a fallen angel. Your lashes throned over your (eyes color) eyes, stopping you from catching the last rays the moonlight had to offer, their hue illuminating your fallen frame. 

I wish I would have done better, you thought. I wish I would have saved more somebody's someones.

Under the midst of eternal pain, you managed to open your eyes, your lashes fluttering under that forgotten feeling of light. Yet, it appeared to be dimmer than in your memories, almost like something was shielding you from the uncomfortable feeling. You felt like you were not in that forest anymore, but back home as the memories of the warm futon you owned crept into your mind.

" - Hello here ! " a high-pitched yet smooth voice spoke from above you, the owner's face on top of yours. So this is what's shielding me from the light

It was none other than Shinobu. Her soft features and narrowed amethyst eyes were glued on your freshly opened ones, their (eyes color) offering a vulnerability and innocence no one had ever seen before. Aware of that, you could feel your face turn warmer, a savorous rose tint covering your usual (skin color) cheeks. 

" - (First Name)... Why do you always push yourself so hard ?" she said, puffing her cheeks in the process, her finger softly tapping the tip of your nose, acknowledging the fact that your face had grown warmer. 

You couldn't answer her question as no words could come out of your mouth. Why was she leaning on you and caring so much ? Weren't you all pushing yourself that hard anyway ?

Your eyes fell onto something your colleague was not used to possess : bags under her eyes. That's when words finally came back onto your lips. 

" - How long were you here...?

- I've stayed there the whole time you were asleep. It's been two weeks !"

You lowered your eyes, a sudden feeling of guilt crossed your heart. Three weeks... a lot of people could have been saved, a lot of people could have tasted a bit more of happiness and second chances. 

" - Who do you think healed you dummy ?" she giggled, slightly flicking your forehead in the process. 

" - How do you feel ?

- Well... I feel my back aching a little, but it's bearable. I can go for my next mission -

- No. Wrong answer. " she said, making a cross with both her pointer fingers. 

You let out a deep sigh, your breath tickling Shinobu's lips in the process. Her eyes were locked on yours, their usual soft look offering a sadder hue, almost like they were waiting to be filled.

" - Shinobu.. You should be out there, we're crawling under missions-

- Wrong answer again !" she said, making a cross with her fingers again. "My mission is you."

Her statement startled you a little, as it were not words you would oftenly hear. Her words pierced through the shield of safety and defiance, a bubble protecting you from the unknown of your own feelings, revealing yourself to the world as a human being with vulnerability and feelings, which almost made you feel like you were bare for the world to see.

Your eyes locked with hers once more, stoping time again, this time through the midst of eternal intimacy. She bent down so her lips connected to the tip of your nose, giggling at her action when she realized it made the rose of your cheeks turn to red. 

" - As long as you're not healed, (First Name), I'm not healed either. Because you're my someone, I can't face life or death without having you by my side. " She said, standing up to get more medecine in the other room, leaving you for what seemed like eternity, as the emptiness you never thought you felt started to grow when her figure left from beside your laying form. 

You finally were somebody's someone, and now you had another reason to push yourself further : her name was Shinobu Kocho.

―❀―

 E N D 

I hope you enjoyed it !

Next : (probably) How would they be jealous.