♥bonus 10 : Serendipity (Nezuko X Demon!Reader)

Requested by SweetPanda666 , I hope it's "fluffy" enough for you !

―❀―

If trying to remember someone that has never been encountered was a hard task, realizing someone was meant to cross our way demanded to let go of all senses of what was known to enter the gates of unthought feelings, those who are never experience...

If trying to remember someone that has never been encountered was a hard task, realizing someone was meant to cross our way demanded to let go of all senses of what was known to enter the gates of unthought feelings, those who are never experienced but only fantasized. Sometimes, the person in front of us makes the job easy, their simple existence being even more than what your craziest thoughts could paint, perfectly fitting each expectation ever conceived. But others made it harder, as their existence went beyond all expectations, beyond all that was taught by the others ; it changed a lifetime.

Nezuko was taught to trust his brother's instincts, and never once let anything happen to him. This was the last thing she wanted, and never would she go against that will : protecting her dearest, her last remaining of humanity.

Would it be foolish to imagine that his brother wasn't the last hint linking her to the humanity she once knew ? Would it be crazy to imagine that being a demon didn't make her less of a human, those two status being differenced by only one moment were despair and survival took control over the righteous path of justice ? If the answers to those questions ended up being positive, then it would make sense to this story, this moment in life where Nezuko finally discovered the most human feeling stories ended up telling, the ineffable feeling of being drawn by someone's entire aura.

She reached eleutheromania under the selcouth gaze that someone had offered her, even though she knew she had to kill.

―❀―

Just like Nezuko, you had the will to protect the ones she held dear. You were turned into a demon under the midst of despair, never letting go of the one thing that held you from being like the others : a puppet. That's why you never let go of the one thing you truly treasured and helped you share with others : violin. You made it sound was crystal clear, it had a magnetic chant to it, driving even the coldest hearts to their once known warmth that got lost to the fade of the shadows.

In the middle of the night, when your comrades went to their occupations, you decided to stay on your known, the gardens of the earth offering their wideness and depth for you to express yourself. If only you had known you weren't alone, maybe life as a demon would have been better. Of course, the will of protecting your new teammates was giving you a purpose, but sometimes, this desire to protect felt unrequired, you needed more.

Bringing your violin to its position, resting your chin on the chinrest after pushing a strand of your (hair color) lock behind your ear, a breath that felt like the softest breeze escaping your luscious (lip color) lips before gliding the bow onto the strings, your calloused fingers resting on the top of them like they belonged here. You let your bow guide you over the symphony you wanted to create, the moonlight perfectly sinking onto the wooden instrument, not even minding the possible ennemies that could easily kill you in such state. But would they ? No one ever could, your angelic state bringing their coldest soul to ethereal nirvana.

As you let the notes leave your violin, their sound dancing through the wind, you didn't notice someone stopped their deadly track once they saw your form.

―❀―

Nezuko was running towards the demon presence she felt, feeling like it could easily be a threat. She already knew some had been chasing his brother, and for once, she wanted to make something on her own, so she could offer him half of what he gave her : a chance at living.

She ran through the trees, following that scent that, unlike the others she felt, was far from being bitter and hateful : it was angelic, preposterous to their actual state. How could a demon convey such a sweet and delicate aura ? Enchanting was an understatement.

Nezuko kept that information to the back of her mind, not letting her guard down for even a second. Remember how evil was in fact, a fallen angel and had the most enchanting aura that ever lived ? What if you were evil ?

She stopped in behind a tree, her rose eyes filled with with softness as they slowly widened at the sight bestowed by the Gods. She felt connected, drawn by your sight, and all appearance aside, it felt like she was drawn by your whole existence, your whole story. The second you stopped your melody though, she felt a huge emptiness in her heart, like this was what she had been looking for all of her life, and now it was gone with the leaves dancing.

She couldn't talk, she knew it, but she hoped her thoughts were loud enough for you to hear. And when your head turned to her side, your mesmerizing (eyes color) eyes meeting her rose ones, your hand lowering the bow and the violin, almost like she had opened the gates of something a bit too intimate, the gates of your own purgatory.

« - Who are you ? » you asked, knowing well that she could hear you. Nezuko approached you in a calm way. She didn't know why she was walking to you, but she felt the burning desire to get closer to your being, even if it meant getting a hit or two.

Once she was a closer to you, a few more than inches away, the perfect distance for her arms to reach for you, she pointed to your violin, her eyes never leaving yours. For seconds, it felt like you couldn't utter a word, like they were, in fact, not even needed.

You brought your violin back onto the bottom of your chin, your bow gliding onto the strings, creating a new melody that Nezuko's presence inspired you : serendipity.

The raven-haired girl sat in front of you, her eyes never leaving yours as she moved her head to the rhythm you were creating, feeling like it was in fact, matching her heartbeat. Would it be the melody of love ?

Once you were done, she mentioned, with a move of the head, for you to bend in front of her. Oddly enough, you obeyed, a soft palm stroking the top of your head as you complied. It felt like time stopped, like sunlight enlightened both of your form, revealing their most angelic face. She kept on stroking your hair, a satisfied look on her features, as if she was thanking you for this time you shared, but also telling you that she wanted some more.

This, for sure, was the feeling that brought you both back to humanity. And it was foolish to think this one belonged to humans only. 

―❀―

A/N : If any French people comes across this, and I think I have a reader or two that speak and live in France, please, tell me I'm not the only one watching "La Bataille des Couples", I feel so dumb watching omg- And if you're rooting for Anthony, I won't be too happy about that, that ass didn't even get eliminated while he should have been ! T.T