Chapter 4

Nick Fury was a very smart man. So when he became the director of SHIELD, his first order was to look at any unsolved cases. It took a long time to find, but the one that interested him the most was an energy surge in 1970. The director on the case was Peggy Carter. The energy surge had originated in London, England. SHIELD agents were sent to check out the site. All they found was some blood which they tested but found nothing. The blood led to no one, meaning whosever blood it was was probably unregistered. They kept samples of the blood in case anything else every popped up. Nothing did pop up for years to they closed the case, saying it was animal blood.

When Nick Fury tested the blood, it led to a Harry James Potter, born July 31, 1980. How did his blood show up ten years earlier at the site of a SHIELD operation? Fury put two of his best agents on the case. Natasha Romanoff and Clint Barton.

"Status report?"

"The suspect acts like a normal person. He gets up in the morning, goes to work at the NYPD, gets sent on a dangerous case, brings in the perp with ease, goes home to his husband and son, goes to bed, and starts all over again," Agent Romanoff started.

Once Romanoff finished, Agent Barton started talking, "He has scars all over his body. They're old scars that have healed over, meaning they don't come from field work. Possible child abuse, but no one is crazy enough to leave those kind of scars on a child. Distinctive features include a lightning bolt scar on his forehead, and a couple tattoos all over his body."

"Where'd he study?"

"All three of them studied in a boarding school in Scotland, Potter and his husband graduated in 1998, and the boy graduated in 2008. They both went to Harvard for their college years. The husband, Draco Potter, studied medicine while Officer Potter studied law enforcement," Romanoff explained.

"What about the boy?"

"His name is Edward Lupin, but they call him Teddy. His parents died a month after he was born from an accident. He went to live with his grandmother but she died when he was about to graduate from the boarding school. So Officer Potter, being his godfather, adopted him. Draco Potter was his cousin and him being married to Officer Potter, also made him sort of his dad? It doesn't really make sense but from watching them, Mr. Lupin still refers to the Potters by their first names," Barton explained.

"Family?"

"None found other than the three. We searched all the files but didn't find anyone that was related to the three."

Nick Fury let the agents go work on their other cases and started searching through the databases. He searched through old files (even the paper ones that still hadn't been transferred to the online version), all the databases he had access to and all the archives. Then the idea hit him like a truck when he remembered the blood found 10 years before it should've even existed.

He pulled up the street footage of London on July 28, 1970. He saw the blood that the Agents took the sample from. He went back a couple frames and saw the three. Harry Potter, Draco Potter and Edward Lupin. They looked like they did now, except maybe Lupin looked a bit different. He went frame by frame and suddenly they were gone. Without a trace, no one even noticing them or the blood stain.

Fury pulled up Harry Potter's file again. He printed out a shorten version without the classified information. Then he pulled up his work address and made his way over.

Fury didn't even bother stopping, just showed the man at the main desk a fake FBI badge and made his way to the elevator. He went up to Potter's floor and found his desk.

"Can I help you?" Potter asked, not even bothering to look up from a case file he needed to work on.

"What I have to say might interest you, Mr Potter."