Chapter 13

The joy of having a baby around lasted only a year and a half. Everyone was so excited to have a baby around the place (besides Peter in Tony's mind).

Scorpius was actually a really quiet baby. He didn't fuss too much as long as you let him sleep and eat at the right times. He was almost always in someone's arms, mostly either Harry or Draco, but his godfathers also had a lot of time with him.

After Scorp was six months old, Harry finally let him go on missions with the Avengers, leaving the baby with Severus seeing as he never wanted to go out to fight.

Scorpius' first birthday was filled with presents from literally everyone. The whole world now knew that the power couple of the Avengers (following Tony and Pepper, of course) had a child. They knew his name was Scorpius Potter and that he lived with the Avengers and his family. Anyone who wasn't living under a rock, had sent a crap ton of gifts to the door of the compound. Most were from people Tony had worked with, but some were from random people. Harry had made sure to write a thank you note to everyone that sent something, which took a while.

When Scorpius was fourteen months old, he said his first word. The Avengers were out on a mission in Chile after hearing reports that there was a HYDRA base there. Severus was in the nursery in the Compound with Scorpius just like he always in when they're on missions. Severus had been telling the baby about what Draco was like as a child when Scorpius said "papa". It didn't process in Severus' mind at first, but after a few seconds, he told FRIDAY to call Draco. He stood up and held Scorp in his arms while watching the video chat showed up on a hologram. It looked like the mission was over and they were on their way back.

"Hi, Sev." Draco smiled, looking a bit warn out as to be expected. He handed the phone to Tony and asked him to connect the phone to the screen they had so they could all see.

"Hello, Draco. Your son just decided to say his first word."

Draco gasped, gripping Harry's arm. "What'd he say?"

Before Severus could respond, Scorpius spoke again, pointing at the screen, specifically at Draco. "Papa."

Draco smiled so widely, "Oh my god."

Tony had pulled up the footage from the nursery, skipped through the whole story then played the video right before Scorpius spoke. Draco swore he watched that video a million times.

"Can we hurry this flight up so I can go see my son?" Harry called from his spot next to Draco, not really knowing who was piloting, if it was Steve, Clint or Natasha.

When they finally got to the compound, Draco ran to the nursery and picked up his baby. "Oh, my darling. You just had to say you're first word when I was away, didn't you?"

"Papa!" Scorp said, grabbing onto Draco's finger.

Draco laughed, "That's me."

Harry just smiled from his place by the doorframe. Severus came over to him and noticed a blood red patch on his dragon hide armor. "Harry. You're bleeding."

"It's dry blood. The wound patched up in a second. The only perk of being Master of Death." Harry explained.

"Right..."

A couple weeks after, Scorpius had finally said Daddy. Harry had started crying, as to be expected.

Scorpius was almost a year and a half when horror struck.

FRIDAY had told them that Teddy, Pietro, Tony, Peter and an unknown man were on an unidentified alien ship and that there was a man in the compound waiting for them. Harry showed up first in his black dragonhide armor and Elder Wand in his hand at the ready. His fighting stance was quickly dropped as soon as he saw who it was. "Oh my god, Bruce!" Harry instantly went over to hug him.