Chapter 7

"Harry, what happened?" Sirius asked Harry once they managed to get away from everyone else and into the kitchen to talk.

"It's a long story."

"We've got time."

"Okay. After you died, that summer was hell." Harry went on to explain everything that happened that summer, his sixth year, the summer of that year and then his non existent seventh year.

"And then the final battle happened. I somehow killed Voldemort and that was that."

"And you being sentenced to Azkaban?"

"So, between the end of the battle, I spent a lot of time going over my life choices. After a while, I signed up for the Auror program. I skipped all the training, because of everything that I'd already been through. There was this one guy who hated me since the moment I entered. Bekhe Ryztan. He was the top Auror, besides Head Auror. He was gonna be Head once Robards quit, we all knew that after the year he wanted to leave but never found a good replacement for him. So Ryztan was gonna replace him. But when I joined the office, along with Ronald and Neville, who also skipped the junior program and made to the main program. When Robards retired five years after the war, I became Head Auror. Ryztan hated me even more then. So, we went along.

"In that time, Hermione suggested we become friends with Draco since he was trying in best to fix what his father ruined. He actually had to go through the junior program to become a Healer. A year before I became Head, he finally made it to the main program. Me and Draco became friends since a month after the year. It started off as awkward meetings then progressed to me going to his house sobbing one day because it had just hit me what my life had been like up to that point. Then barely two years after the war, we went to each other for help or comfort. I helped him slowly rebuild the Malfoy reputation.

"Then his mother died. He locked himself in his room, ignoring his work, me and even Teddy. I finally convinced him to let me. It wasn't good, Sirius. He was on the verge of dropping everything."

-

September 2000, 2 years after the fall of Voldemort

"Draco, please let me in." Harry pleaded as he knocked on the door of Draco's room in one of the Malfoy estates. It was one of the smaller houses, still in the England area, but it was where Draco was living. Harry even had a room in the house because of how much he stayed over.

"Bloody idiot! Don't you realize I want to be left alone?!" Harry heard Draco yell at the door, throwing something at it in the process.

"Draco, I just want to help you. Y'know, just like how you helped me a couple months ago. Please just let me in. I'm not leaving until you do."

"Go away!"

"I'm gonna stand right here and you're either gonna let me in or you're going to listen to me talk until you do let me in."

He waited for a couple seconds before starting to talk, "Um... In second year, Ron, Hermione and I thought it was you behind the petrifications. So we spent weeks making Polyjuice. And by we, I mean Hermione. So that day of the Dueling Club, Hermione grabbed a hair off Millicent Bulstrode. Me and Ron tricked Crabbe and Goyle and left them locked in a closet while we went to investigate. I went as Goyle, Ron as Crabbe and Hermione accidentally grabbed a hair from Millicent's cat so she had to go to the infirmary. That time you caught Goyle wearing glasses, that was me. We heard your whole monologue about how Dumbledore was crap, and blah blah blah. Then we realized you weren't the Heir of Slytherin and we left. There was another time in third year where I forgot we had an essay due for McGonagall and I had to finish it in a couple hours. There was another time where—" Harry cut himself off when the door to Draco's room opened.