82

as per one of my dear friend's request, here's a flashback to arin and yohan's prom. it's another little gift from me because priki nation is amazing. thanks for being there.

flashback: last year of high school

one.

two.

three.

arin couldnt count how many times she went back and forth in her bedroom. she feels like jumping up and down and fainting any moment. it was anxiety and euphoria.

thirty minutes and an hour to go before her last high school prom, and she's feeling anxious and euphoric more than ever.

why was she anxious and euphoric though?

well, tonight is the night.

the night where she'll finally take the risk and say her feelings to yohan.

and luckily, coincidently, or more like, destined, yohan is her date for tonight.

x

he asked her to be his date the best yet simplest way he could ever think of.

they were having their usual lunch in the rooftop that time. a blanket was laid in the floor and the lunch cooked by yohan's mom are laid in the blanket.

they were just eating in silence, and then suddenly, yohan pulled out his guitar and started strumming.

wise men say

only fools rush in

but i cant help

falling in love with you

it was that classic old love song. arin always loved his voice. he was smiling fondly at her as he sang.

"i love that song." she commented when he stopped strumming.

but that didnt stop there, he pulled three small stalks of sunflowers from his back.

he handed her one.

there was a paper with a message attached in the stalk.

will you

he handed her another one.

go to the prom

still smiling, he handed her the last one.

with me?

what arin felt that time was unexplained by words. and that's saying something because arin is good with words. she was beyond happy, she wanted to jump and scream, but she didnt do any of that.

instead, she smiled.

and that smile was enough answer for him. it's yes in every language and every way.

x

twenty-nine minutes and an hour to go before prom, arin already has make-up on and her hair is already fixed. her cream fading to pastel pink colored gown was hanging on her closet door.

she should be fitting her gown already, but instead she's walking back and forth.

confessing needs will power more than she thought.