122

first snow.

and first what?

you'll soon find out what.

flashback to the last year of high school, arin found herself in the middle of a sea of people. clapping, jumping, cheering, chanting, and supporting the best way they could for the person representing not just the school but the whole district in this year's taekwondo championship.

kim yohan.

the people around arin were cheering for yohan, holding banners with his name in it, they were at the edge of their seats, all focused on the the match happening ahead.

arin had her hands clasped together tightly, praying for the best.

but it's not just her. almost the whole population of their school was there to watch the match. they believe and they knew that the pride of their school will come through and will make them proud like he always do.

and that's what he did.

he won.

"KIM YOHAN! KIM YOHAN!" his name was chanted again and again as their schoolmates and his admirers approach him to congratulate him in his win, while arin stayed at where she was standing, smiling proudly.

in the middle of the people swarming around him, yohan looked around, searching for his childhood friend.

it took him a while, but when their eyes met, he smiled brightly, as she mouthed him, "congrats!" before they completely got lost in their own worlds.

there was an after party in yohan's house that afternoon. the kim residence was soon filled with people from their school, all were celebrating his yet again another win.

arin should be there.

but she's not.

she remained in her room on their house just across the street. she wanted to join the celebration but she didn't felt like going. crowded places aren't really her thing. she gets suffocated easily so instead of giving herself a panic attack by going there, she just remained in her room, binge watching the episodes of a drama that she missed while eating a gallon of ice cream.

"park arin!" called her cousin, minyoung.

arin lazily stood up and opened the window where minyoung's voice came from, there indeed she saw minyoung along with their other two classmates.

"what are you still doing there?" euna, one of the two, asked.

"uh, i'm watching episode 7 of my love from the star while eating ice cream." arin said, bracing them with her 'duh' tone.

"what?" the three chorused.

she just looked at them confusingly.

"what we meant to say was, why are you still watching and eating ice cream there? go out here already and let's party!" said saemi.

instead of comprehending what her classmate had just said, arin's mind got lost in the clouds, hearing the word party, SNSD's party played internally in her head.

realizing that her cousin spaced out again, minyoung rolled her eyes and called out for her: "yoohoo! earth to arin?!"

"oh. what did you guys said again? i didnt quite understand."

the three sighed.

"get out of there already, and let's go join the celebration." minyoung said, "besides, i bet yohan must've been waiting for you there already."

"yes, i am."

as if on cue, yohan appeared out of the blue, with his hands buried in the pockets of his hoodie, and a warm smile bracing his face.