135

park arin's point of view

drip.

drop.

drip.

the rain kept on falling. good thing i brought an umbrella today. after all, yohan cant be there beside me to bring an umbrella for me anymore.

oh, what am i saying?

i keep on breaking my own heart with my own thoughts.

i should really stop.

"arin, where are you going?" my seatmate asked me. it's aiden. we are in the same creative writing class. and at that moment, i didnt understand a single thing of what the professor talked about throughout the whole class until she left. what was our topic again today? did she said we'll have a quiz in the next meeting?

i looked at aiden. oh yeah, he asked something. and i still hasnt replied.

"out. bye, aiden." i grabbed my bag and umbrella, i was about to go out of the room but he called my name again.

"arin!"

"why?"

"where are you going?" he repeated his question. my answer clearly didnt satisfy him.

"in a cafe somewhere outside the uni. i'm going to meet someone. i'll be back before lunchtime ends, if i'm late, cover for me, yeah?"

he nodded.

i smiled, and then i take off.

x

i folded my umbrella as soon as i enterred the café. it isnt as crowded as usual, it's a given because the weather is unpredictable so the students just choose to stay inside the uni to avoid complications. meanwhile, here i am, why am i here again?

oh, right.

to meet someone.

i noticed X1's i'm here for you was playing in the speaker of the cafe, it's echoing throughout the small homey building, i smiled at that.

but my smile soon faded as i reach the table of the person i'll meet today.

park hana.

she smiled at me. too friendly if you ask me. the last time i checked, she hated me to death. so why was she smiling from ear to ear now? what does she want? why did she asked to meet with me? and why did i even agree?

ugh.

i took a seat in front of her.

"arin." she breathed.

"what do you want?" i chilled at my own voice.

"i'll tell you."

"what?"

"that information that will surely break your heart. i'll tell you. right here, right now."

(^ if ur confused or if u forgot, go see chap 96)

"why?" i found myself asking. because, really, why? why would she suddenly want to tell me? what's up?

"why do you think so? to hurt you, of course. i want to be the one who'll tell you so i can see your reaction. i want to see you breaking." she said with a serious expression.

"go ahead, tell me." i said with fake courage and feigned bravery.

i readied my heart.

but no matter how hard i readied it, the words that slipped out from hana's lips, the words that i heard still hurted like hell.