118

we are enterring a new era

____________________________

my arinie 💓🦄
videocalling...

accept | deny

arin's face was showed on the screen. she's wearing a denim jacket and the baby blue colored ribbon that tied down her half-ponytail

"it's very unlike you to call, much more video call, usually it's me who'll call and you'll just answer, so is anything up?"

she shook her head. "nothing much."

"maybe i just missed you too much."

"i miss you too."

"so much too."

"and the ribbon as well, i missed that too. you stopped wearing them since middle school."

arin held the ribbon in her hair, it was just tied there clumsily and both ends of the ribbon was starting to lose thread.

"well, i was fixing my stuff and i found this. i missed it too."

"that's the ribbon i gave you way back, right?"

"when we were nine years old."

"yup. it's that ribbon from the packaging box of the cake, which you got and gave to me." she laughed, remembering how yohan cutted it from the box and tied it in her hair.

"brings back memories."

"why are you fixing your stuff anyway? spring cleaning? spring is still a season away though." he said, seeing the pile of boxes in arin's bed.

"aniyo, im not spring cleaning." she chuckled.

"i'm packing."

"wae?"

"is your org gonna have a charity event again? you're donating some of your stuff again?"

she shook her head again. "our org isnt gonna do another event. but it's true that am donating some of my stuff though."

"what do i expect from you? of course, you're gonna do that."

"kind as always."

"yoh, the truth is..."

"hm?"

"im moving away."

"what?" yohan felt like he have gone deaf at that moment. his ears refuse to accept what he just heard.

he breathed deeply, "why?"

"dad is making us go."

"i saw a car parked in front of our house when i got home today, at that moment, i knew that dad was there. i went inside but i didnt show myself right away, i listened to what my mom and dad were talking and apparently, it has something to do with the elections, i think."

"the main idea here is; dad is making us go, because the election is near, apparently, he was running for a higher position now and he needs his name to be squeeky clean so that means, my mom and i should be out of the picture, specifically out of the country, so that no one will know about his dark past, his other family."