A talk with a god

Thor looked pensive for a moment before turning to his allies.

"Friends, I may have a..solution, but it does not have to be the only one."

Steve patted Thor's shoulder.

"Any idea at this point is good. What's the worst you can bring."

Thor sighed, the captains words holding heavily over his shoulders.

".an illusion would be needed, and who else better than the master themself."

Tony shook his head.

"No, no way, not gonna happen. Do you even understand what your proposing?"

Thor hung his head. Natasha put a hand on his arm.

"He has a point Tony, we don't have much time and Katsuki might be killed. He knows he can't reveal himself, too risky."

Tony turned to her furious.

"Do you know how devastated that kid has been? What Loki did to him was-"
"unforgivable, I am well aware. But my brother also has his regrets on the boy. The only thing he spoke to me about was of young Katsuki's health. Even my brother realized his mistake."

Tony glared not buying into this but Steve our a hand on his shoulder.

"Tony, Katsuki's life is in danger, we need a solution, and you know this is the only way."

Tony took a deep breath and turned to Steve.

"Is it really?...fine, but he can't be a wildcard."

Thor nodded and went out the jet to head to Asgard. Heimdall stood before him and nodded.

"Welcome back. I assume this will be a short visit."

Thor nodded to his most loyal friend.

"Indeed old friend. I must also bring a companion with me. In and out."

Thor quickly flew to the palace. He made his way to the chambers and found the cell holding his brother.

"Loki."

Loki looked up from his chair smirking at his brother as if he was simply on vacation.

"Hello brother, wish to gloat? No, you need me for something. But you know it will-"
"that boy you controlled during your takeover of midguard. He is in danger, and I am in need of your illusions."

Loki paused at that. He looked into the boy's mind, it was a mess with the odd language. Yet, he still understood the basis of its contents. The boy was similarly raised to believe he could be everything, only to know it would never be his. The boy was even treated as an outcast and lived with many people speaking lowly of him. The boy was someone who could understand Loki, and Loki regretted pushing him. He didn't know the boy's power had its limits.

Loki turned to his brother who rightfully so had a look of anger.

"I know you regret your actions Loki, it is the least you can do to repair the damage you have done to him."

Loki glared but stood up lowering his glamour.

"What exactly do you need me for?"

Thor sighed relieved that Loki was not up for his usual trickery.

"The plan is simple, we need you to mask yourself as the boy for an exchange. He is currently held prisoner to some oafs."

Loki nodded, it was simple enough.

"And what about my sentence?"

Thor hummed in thought about that.

"I will speak with father about it. Now come, we don't have much time."