𝕆𝕟𝕖 ♔ 𝗥𝗲𝗳𝗹𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

Chapter One 𝚁𝚎𝚏𝚕𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

The diner hall was full of life

The diner hall was full of life. The Knight's laughed jovially with each other as they drank wine from their goblets, whilst servant girls blushed at their flirtatious glances.

The young Prince, Arthur Pendragon, joined in with them merrily, his laughter heard above all the rest. The King exchanged pleasantries with different noblemen, all of them congratulating him on his' victory' earlier that day.

Yes, the dinner hall was certainly full of life.

They could all sense it. All but one...

The Queen, Zipporah.

To her, the room was filled with an overwhelming sense of death.

(𝚉𝚒𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚊𝚑'𝚜 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚘𝚠)

She sat next to the King, amongst all the celebration. However, she did not bother to engage in idle conversation with their guests, she could not bring herself to. No matter how hard some of the noblemen tried to rope her into their discussions, she would not oblige. She simply stared at the space in front of her.

King Uther did not pay any attention to his wife's silence. He was much too busy soaking in the praises and compliments from his 'honoured' guests.

Arthur, however, did.

Despite his iheribreance, the Prince only had to take one glance at her to know. Even from across the room, he could see the haunted look in her eyes, the reflection of shining horror that lay behind her swirling pools of chocolate.

Feeling someone's eyes on her, Zipporah lifted her gaze off the floor. Her eyes met Arthur's, though only briefly, for she quickly looked away.

She could not understand how Arthur, how any of them, could possibly celebrate or feel merriment after such a day. A day where an innocent man had been slaughtered. A day where a mother had lost her son.