𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟 ♔ 𝗔 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗯𝗹𝗲𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗰 𝗣𝗿𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁

Chapter Seventeen 𝙰 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚋𝚕𝚎𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝

 A somber atmosphere clouded the space of Morgana's chambers, there was a sense of dread and grief in the air, and it caused a great unsettlement within them all

Zipporah stood by the open window, watching with pained eyes as a man was being lead to the podium, to be executed.

Since meeting the boy the previous day, she had learned about who he was and the purpose for Uther's hunting party. The boy was a Druid and he and his guardian had arrived in Camelot to pick up some food supplies, but they had been cruelly betrayed.

Thus, the boy's guardian had been captured by the guards, and Uther had wasted no time in decreeing his judgement.

She had tried to persuade Uther to change the harsh sentence, but like always, she had gotten nowhere. Arthur, too, had assisted her in trying to convince his father not to go through with it. Yet, both of their efforts had been in vain. Uther had already made his mind up.

(𝚉𝚒𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚊𝚑'𝚜 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚘𝚠)

Morgana moved to stand beside her, with Merlin on the other side, both looking as despairing as she felt

Their attention was caught when Uther's loud voice sounded across the square, making them all look grimly at the spectacle before them.

"People of Camelot, the man before you is guilty of using enchantments and magic," he announced, looking far too pleasant for someone who was condemning a man to death.

From across the castle, Zipporah glared at the King, wishing that she could use her powers in that moment to free the man, but she knew that if she did, even more lives would be at stake. Her eyes drifted over and caught the piercing gaze of Arthur, who was stood beside his father on the balcony. She only let her stare linger briefly, before she darted it away again.