𝕊𝕚𝕩 ♔ 𝗧𝗿𝗶𝘂𝗺𝗽𝗵 𝗔𝘁 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗧𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗻𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁

Chapter Six 𝚃𝚛𝚒𝚞𝚖𝚙𝚑 𝙰𝚝 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚃𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝

After an incredibly restless nights sleep, Zipporah had awoken to a somber morning

After an incredibly restless nights sleep, Zipporah had awoken to a somber morning. There were cheers already sounding from outside where the spectators were gathered to witness the last round of the tournament.

She could not share in their jolly attitude. The only thing that was consuming her mind, was the terrifying thought that Arthur would lose his life.

However, as Gwen helped her dress for the occasion, Zipporah was hit with an idea, and she could have kicked herself for not thinking of it sooner. Although, the emotion of the situation had most likely served to hinder her logic.

(𝚉𝚒𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚊𝚑'𝚜 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚘𝚠)

As soon as Gwen had finished pinning up the final part of her hair, Zipporah shot up from the vanity stool and raced towards the doors, startling her maidservant

"Are you alright, My Queen?" She called in perplexity.

"Oh, yes, Gwen. I'm fine," she called back over her shoulder. "I've just remembered something, a book."

She offered no further explanation and disappeared behind the doors, rushing through the castle, leaving a highly confused Gwen behind.

"A book...?"

Zipporah flitted through the halls with as much decorum she could muster, not wanting to draw too much attention to herself, otherwise someone would be sure to alert Uther. That was the last thing she needed.

Her urgency left no room for pleasantries as she barged into the Physician's Quarters, and made a beeline for the room at the back. She quickly knocked and entered to find Merlin sitting on the floor, looking as if he had not slept.