𝔽𝕚𝕧𝕖 ♔ 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗙𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝗟𝗼𝘀𝘀

Chapter Five 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝙻𝚘𝚜𝚜

(𝚉𝚒𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚊𝚑'𝚜 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛)

All were gathered at the court, everyone waiting in anticipation for the reveal of the order to be made known.

In the centre of the Court, stood Arthur who appeared much more confident than he felt. He knew he was taking a large risk requesting the presence of his father offhandedly, and he knew that his father would be far from pleased when he found out the reasons why. However, Arthur trusted Merlin, and he believed what the servant said about Valiant to be true. He could not allow dishonour and deceit to carry on.

With a harsh bang, the doors to the Court swung open for the arrival of the two royal leaders. Uther strutted through first, wearing a perplexed yet irritated expression, and Zipporah followed, schooling her face into a mask of indifference and ignorance.

"Why have you summoned the Court?" Asked Uther as he passed his son on his way to his throne.

Before answering, Arthur made subtle eye-contact with Zipporah, who gave him a short nod, encouraging him to speak.

He took a deep breath then said, "I believe Knight Valiant is using a magic shield to cheat in the tournament."

Immediately, appalled and shocked whispers broke out amongst the room, the spectators not daring to believe that such a brilliant fighter could act so cowardly.

Zipporah glanced around the small crowd that was gathered, judging their reactions, but as she did so she caught the eyes of both Merlin and Gaius, who were standing to the side watching the scene unfold.

Intrigued, Uther turned his attention to the man in question, for the moment, willing to listen. "Valiant, what do you have to say to this?" He inquired.

"My Lord, this is ridiculous," Valiant countered, his eyes hard.

"I believe we shall be the judge of that," sounded the regal voice of Zipporah, fixing the man with a scrutinising gaze.

Valiant faltered ever so slightly at her authoritative interruption, but quickly steeled himself to continue with his own defence.
"I've never used magic. Tell me, King Uther, does your son have any evidence to support this outrageous accusation?"