𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 ♔ 𝗟𝗼𝘀𝘀𝗲𝘀 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗩𝗶𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀

Chapter Eight 𝙻𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚜 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚅𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜

(𝚉𝚒𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚊𝚑'𝚜 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛)

"Zipporah! You must come quickly!" The young Queen whipped around in surprise as Morgana burst into her chambers.

"What ever's the matter?" She asked, hurriedly going over to the other girl.

Morgana looked deeply upset, tears shining in her green eyes, and her voice almost broke when she spoke. "It's Gwen. Arthur has arrested her and taken her to Uther! They think she's a Sorceress!"

Zipporah's eyes grew large as she registered the alarming information. "WHAT?!"

The next second, she was already out of her chambers and rushing through the halls, with Morgana hurrying behind. She arrived outside the Council doors where the guards instantly granted her entrance, allowing her to stride in, wearing an outraged expression.

"Why will no one believe me?!" Gwen cried helplessly from her place on the floor. "My father got better, he just recovered. I didn't do anything!"

"I believe you," announced Zipporah, sparking everyone's interest.

Morgana moved to stand on the other side of Gwen and agreed, "as do I. Perhaps this is a disease that is not always fatal, have you thought about that?" She directed to Uther. "Perhaps he recovered naturally."

Uther questioned back, "and what of this poultice that was found?"

"Poultice? I don't know anything about a poultice," Gwen persisted.

A bittersweet realisation struck Zipporah in that moment. Merlin. She should have known that he would have tried to help Gwen using his magic. Yet, his effort was in vain, for it had created more trouble for the girl than she was sure he could have ever imagined at the time.

"It was found in your house," informed Uther. "Undo this enchantment. Put an end to this contagion."

Gwen blubbered as she tried to contain her tears. "I can't!"

"I will show you no mercy."

"But I will," Zipporah promised fiercely, earning a quick glare from her husband.