𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟 ♔ 𝗪𝗮𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗕𝗲𝗮𝘂𝘁𝘆

Chapter Fourteen 𝚆𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙱𝚎𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚢

"Sire, you must come quickly!" Gwen's desperate shouts reached down the staircase, hitting Arthur's ears hotly

The Prince looked up to the maidservant, temporarily stunned by her eagerness, and his heart plummeted for a second, thinking that the worst had happened.

"What is it?" He dared himself to ask.

With a large smile, Gwen replied, "it's the Queen...she is cured!"

The pit of dread that had started to form was promptly replaced by a surge of relief, as Arthur raced up the staircase in anticipation, hoping that the wonderful news wouldn't be too good to be true.

However, all doubts flew away when he rushed into the chambers to see Zipporah awake, sitting up in the bed.

He broke out into a huge grin, his eyes sparking with a flurried combination of emotions.

"Zipporah!" He exclaimed, his voice full.

Still groggy and weak from the illness, Zipporah slowly met his eyes, a tiny spark lighting them when she comprehended that it was him.

Arthur intended to go up to her, wanting to hold  her in his arms, seeing that they were alone. Yet, before he got the chance, Uther barged into the room, pushing his son aside to get to his wife.

"Zipporah, thank goodness," he murmured as he hovered over her, "it's a miracle."

Uther then pressed a light kiss to her cheek, making her feel even more sick than she already did.

Arthur observed his father with a subtle glare, as he tried to hide the disgusted anger that coursed through his veins.

Zipporah wanted nothing more than to yank her hand away from Uther's hold, but she found that she simply did not have the energy.

Resting a hand on the side of her head, Uther asked, "how are you feeling?"

"Tired," she answered, forcing herself not to flinch as his touch. "Very tired."

As she spoke, she could feel Arthur's hot gaze watching her, but she deliberately avoided his eyes.

"I thought..." Arthur began, but glanced to his father and decided to change his wording. "We thought that you..."