𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣 ♔ 𝗧𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗧𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗻𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀

Chapter Four 𝚃𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚃𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜

Two weeks had passed since Merlin had arrived in Camelot

Two weeks had passed since Merlin had arrived in Camelot. During that time, he and Zipporah had grown much closer.

He was confident to say that they were good friends. The two had formed a strong, unique bond in such a short amount of time. They understood each other in a way no one else did.

To everyone else, they were simply servant and Queen. However, they knew different. They were a powerful force of Warlock and Sorceress.

One thing that Merlin had learned in those same two weeks was that Arthur Pendragon was the most demanding and infuriating person to ever exist. Why him? Out of all the men in Camelot, why did he have to get stuck as Arthur's slave.

Merlin voiced this question to Zipporah as they sat on a bench in the Physician's Quarters, having one of their daily discussions.

"Yesterday," Merlin started, "he had me wash the same shirt six times because he thought the colour looked a little faded!"He shook his head.  "His constant showing off too, I never knew one man could possess so much arrogance! Why did part of my destiny have to involve him? Why?"

Zipporah listened to Merlin as he poured out his frustration towards the Prince. She felt sympathetic to Merlin's plight, after all, she knew Arthur better than anyone and she could confirm that there was no exaggeration to Merlin's words.

"Arthur can be difficult to deal with," she agreed. "However, despite all his bravado, he is not as arrogant as he seems."

Merlin sent her a very doubtful look.

"Trust me, you will find out for yourself in time," she assured him, though he did not believe it, it was Arthur they were talking about.

The topic changed to the excitement surrounding the tournament, which was to begin the following morning.

"I've never been to a tournament before," Merlin confessed.

"You haven't missed out on much.
Only men developing even bigger egos than the ones they already possess."

He chuckled at her words. "I doubt Arthur needs to compete then, judging by the size of his."

She smiled in amusement, but then she grew more serious. "Arthur does not hold back in those tournaments. He wants to gain Uther's approval. We have to ensure that he is protected."

Merlin agreed with her, though somewhat reluctantly.

She explained to him, "I will do what I can, but I have to be careful. I will be seated right next to Uther, and I can't risk my magic being exposed to him."