𝔼𝕝𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 ♔ 𝗨𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝗟𝗼𝗰𝗸 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗞𝗲𝘆

Chapter Eleven 𝚄𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝙻𝚘𝚌𝚔 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝙺𝚎𝚢

(𝚉𝚒𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚊𝚑'𝚜 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜)

Arthur and Zipporah pouted miserably as they sat on the cold, damp floor of the dungeon.

Upon their return to Camelot earlier that morning, a group of guards had been waiting for them, and on the instructions of the King, had seized them and confined them to a prison cell.

Needless to say, they were not happy about it, but that's the price they had to pay for doing the right thing. They would pay it again if it meant keeping Merlin alive.

Despite their rather depressing condition, neither Arthur or Zipporah could not find it in them to be truly downcast. For in their hearts, they kept the precious secret of their shared kiss, and it created a joyfulness that they had not thought possible to ever experience again.

They felt as though they were in a twisted irony; they were caged behind the barred door of a prison cell, and yet, they had never felt more free.

At that moment, one of the stationed guards unlocked the cell door, and Uther stepped in, wearing a displeased, yet smug expression.

Zipporah and Arthur stood at his arrival, readying themselves for his berating to begin.

Uther did a double take and when saw the manner of their dishevelled and dirty appearance, dried mud caked into their clothes.

"Look at the state of you!" He remarked loudly. "You look like you've been dragged through a hedge backwards!"

He quickly brushed that thought aside when he remembered the reason why he wanted to visit them. With his hands on his hip, he beheld his wife and his son with a look of disappointment, mingled mostly with anger.

"You disobeyed me."

"Of course we did," said Arthur, as if it should have been obvious. "A man's life was at stake. Do not let Merlin die because of something we did."

Uther glanced back and forth between them, genuinely perplexed. "Why do you care so much? The boy is just a servant."

A resigned scoff left Zipporah's lips and she resisted the strong urge to roll her eyes.