𝕋𝕖𝕟 ♔ 𝗗𝗲𝗳𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗞𝗶𝗻𝗴

Chapter Ten 𝙳𝚎𝚏𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙺𝚒𝚗𝚐

(𝚉𝚒𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚊𝚑'𝚜 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛)

Zipporah stormed through the castle halls, contorted with frustration and determination. She had just left Uther after getting into a heated argument about why she should be allowed to go and find the antidote.

Unsurprisingly, he had turned down any possibility of her going, completely disregarding Merlin's life simply because he was a servant. It made her sick that he could view someone as so worthless that their life was not deemed important enough to save.

Ignoring all the curious and concerned stares that were sent her way, she continued on her path, arriving outside the chambers she needed, but stopped short when she found that the doors were already wide open.

Peering around the corner of the entrance, she saw Arthur throw his sword down on the table with a loud 'clang', then huff in frustration as he gripped onto the shelf of the fireplace.

Judging by his behaviour, it didn't take Zipporah long to assume why he was in such a state. Uther tended to have that, 'murderous' effect on people.

"Quite some night, isn't it?"

Arthur's head snapped up at the sound of her voice, watching as she walked further into his room.

"I'm sorry," he apologised with a sigh, "after we took care of Merlin, I never checked to see if you were alright."

"I was too busy arguing with Uther."

Arthur let out another sigh as he walked around the table. "If it's any consolation, so was I."

"Not that I listen to him," she remarked feistily. "I've learnt that you have to do the right thing, and throw away the consequences."

"I know, you think I should go."

"It doesn't matter what I think. You have to believe it yourself."

Arthur looked conflicted as he weighed up all his options, his mind pulling him one way and his heart, another.

"If I don't make it back, who will be the next King of Camelot? There's more than just my life at stake."