Chp 9. Secrets pt.2

(Sabre's POV)

I saw my dad and the squad, all with a shocked face. I grabbed Goldy's hand and started running. I could barely hear them yelling. Adrenaline fueling me. We then got separated. I stumbled across a graveyard and fell in a hole. Void was walking in the graveyard, I could feel it. I could see him, but he didn't see me and skipped by me. I decided to open the small box I always brought with me. There was a necklace, a few photos, a watch, and a letter. I opened it.

Dear Sabre,

This is your mother, Vanessa. I just want you to know why I left. Your dad said he changed when we were together, but I found out he was still doing his evil intentions. I then got a divorce and wanted to bring you with me, but Void got legal custody and I never got to see you. Just know that I love you and wish you could've lived with me. If you ever want to contact me, call the number attached to the note. I love you Sabre.

From, Vanessa.

I was in tears. This was from mom! She was alive! Dad said she died! How could he just lie like that!? I got out of the hole and went to find Goldy. I then found out that the other kids were struggling to hold her down. I found a place to hide in and hear their conversation.

Goldy: Let. Me. GO!
Unicorn: No! Void needs to find Sabre! For all we know Sabre could have some unknown power!

Ok, I know for a fact that ain't true. We had doctors test for powers, all negative results.

Goldy: Just let me go find him! He needs my help!
Tina: Shut up Goldy!

I couldn't take this. I ran out and grabbed Goldy while they were in a shocked state.

Me: We have to go back!
Goldy: Where?
Me: Your place.
Goldy: Ok.

We were about to run to the portal when someone grabbed the back of my shirt and pulled me into the air.

Void: Sabre, you shouldn't have run off. I was worried sick!
Me: Ok, I can't take this! Why did you lie to me? About you trying to be good? About MOM!?!?
Void: W-what?
Me: I know.

He then set me down. I didn't hesitate to run into the portal and to the nearest phone. I dialed in the number. It was a few rings. Soon I heard a voice.

??: Hello?
Me: H-Hi.
??: Who is this?
Me: It's Sabre.
??: S-Sabre?

Her voice sounded like she was about to cry any second.

Me: Mom?
??: It's me. Vanessa.
Me: M-mom?! It's really you!
Vanessa: Sabre! It's been so long! I only saw you once. I'm so sorry.
Me: No need, but can I stay with you?
Vanessa: Of course. Here's my address (address). I'll be waiting.
Me: See ya.
Vanessa: See you. I love you.
Me: Love you too.

I then hung up the phone. I was crying. My mom sounded so pretty. I then ran to the address. Goldy behind me.