Chp 11. Unlikely Allies

(Sabre's POV)

Me and Cookie were on the couch.

Me: So, the reason I didn't tell anyone about who my dad was, is because whenever people see him, they run away and don't want to be around me. So, we both decided it'd be the best to keep it a secret.
Cookie: Wow, I'm sorry Sabre.
Me: Well, it won't be a problem soon. Mom's gonna get legal custody so I can live with her.
Cookie: And I think that'd you like it here! You always liked exploring, now you can whenever!
Me: I know right?
Cookie: So, is Goldy going to go home or?
Me: She's going to stay the night. Her dad agreed to it.
Cookie: Can I stay too?
Me: Sure, just don't tell anyone where I am, especially my dad.
Cookie: Promise.

We then spent the next few hours playing video games, watching a movie, and exploring. We were still in the forest when a mysterious portal opened up. A rainbow figure was launched out. Another figure came out. It was yellow with black spots. The black and yellow person then noticed us. I, gently, pushed Cookie behind me. I didn't want her to get hurt and I've taken Karate. The black and yellow person got closer to us.

Me: Cookie, get my mom!
Cookie: I'm not leaving you!
Me: DO IT! Please.....
Cookie: Ok.

She then ran to mom's house.

Me: What do you want?!
??: You couldn't even comprehend what I could want.
Me: I-I'm warning you! I've taken karate for 5 years!
??: Hehehehe. Like you'd have a chance.
Me: B-back up!
??: I don't think so.

I then punched him in the face, but he didn't even have a scratch. I quickly ran off to my mom's place. I got inside. Cookie and mom were going through a closet.

Vanessa: Got it!

She then pulled out a huge sword!

Me: Guys!
Cookie: Sabre!
Vanessa: Sabre, you're ok!
Me: Yeah, but that guy probably followed me.
Cookie: Oh no.
Me: I'm going upstairs.
Vanessa: Hold on! Take this sword!

She then handed me a thin sword with a purple and black pattern.

Me: Thanks.

I went to my room and put on the hoodie Cookie gave me. I then went threw my bag and got a water bottle. I then ran downstairs. Cookie and mom were in a fighting stance, ready to fight the person. I then did the same.

Cookie: You're wearing the hoodie I gave you.
Me: Yeah, it's really nice.

Cookie then blushed. I then blushed too. The door broke down. The black and yellow figure was there, with a sword.

??: Well, looks like you're trying to be a challenge.
Vanessa: Leave us alone!
??: I don't think so.
Me: At least tell us your name!
??: I am the Nightmare king. And I already know who you are, Sabre.
Me: What!?

He then threw a smoke bomb. We were trying to find each other. Someone then grabbed the back of my hoodie. Then a rag was put on my mouth. I slowly blacked out.

*timeskip*

I slowly opened my eyes. I was in a cell. I looked around. I saw a rainbow and galaxy figure in the cell next to me.

??: Galaxy! The kid, he's awake.
??: Great. Hey kid? You ok?
Me: Wh-Who are you?
??: I'm Rainbow Steve.
??: I'm Galaxy Steve.
Me: I-I'm Sabre.

The then walked back a little.

Me: I-is something wrong?
Galaxy: You're Void's son.
Me: Oh, you know him.

I then sat down in a corner. I was about to cry. I was captured by the Nightmare king and I can't talk to anyone cause everyone hates my dad and therefore hates me.

Rainbow: Kid, look, we're sorry. We didn't know what his son would be like.
Galaxy: Here.

He then threw some bread in my cell. I was hesitant to eat it, but slowly did. I looked and Rainbow and Galaxy. They looked beat up and had chains on their legs. I looked at my leg and there was also a chain.

Me: Thanks.
Galaxy: Anytime. So, what was living with Void like?
Me: Why do you want to know? Not trying to be rude, I just want to know.
Galaxy: I'm his brother.

My jaw dropped. My dad had a brother!?

Me: M-my dad has a brother?
Galaxy: He never told you?
Me: He kept a lot of things hidden from me.
Galaxy: Oh, sorry.
Me: Anyways, living with him was ok. He could be a bit overprotective sometimes, but he cares, at least that's what I thought.
Rainbow: Oh, ummm.
Me: It's ok. I was going to live with my mom, but, ya know.
Galaxy: I think I saw her a few times. She would come to my dimension for sandwiches.
Me: Yeah, she's a really nice person.
Rainbow: Hey, we could get you out. We were going to break out tonight, we could bring you with us.
Me: That'd be nice.
Rainbow: Ok, we're bringing you with.