𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒

≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫

Jungkook sighed as he waved at another annoying child as they left the building with their parents. The lesson had actually gone really well for an introduction, but there was only so much Jungkook could tolerate from these kids.

"Did she do well?" one of the parents asked, snapping Jungkook out of his haze and back into reality. Jungkook nodded absentmindedly, immediately recognizing the daughter as one of the loud and annoying kids in his class. The parent smiled and walked away, saying something that Jungkook didn't quite catch.

"When is Minhyukkie's dad getting here?" a boy, who Jungkook recognized as Kyuhyun said, looking up at Jungkook with big eyes.

"I'm not sure, Kyuhyunnie," Jungkook responded. He looked over at Minhyuk, watching the boy eat a sandwich. Minhyuk didn't look sad or uncomfortable, though.

Kyuhyun let out a high pitched whine and ran back to who Jungkook assumed was the boy's mother. He saw Kyuhyun pull on his mother's pant leg and mumble something to her while pointing towards Minhyuk.

Jungkook saw Kyuhyun's mom wave him off. She began to walk in his direction as Kyuhyun happily skipped over to where Minhyuk was sitting.

"Poor kid," Kyuhyun's mother began, glancing between Jungkook and Minhyuk. Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and turned towards her.

"What do you mean?" Jungkook asked. Kyuhyun's mom turned and looked at him before holding her hand out for him to shake. "I'm Nayeon, by the way," she said and Jungkook nodded, shaking her hand.

"I mean that Minhyuk's father or mother wasn't here to watch his lesson," she began, looking over at Minhyuk fondly. "All the other parents stayed," she added, and Jungkook hummed in agreement.

"Well, I should probably get going. Kyuhyun's a sweetheart, he wanted to wait with Minhyuk but we have to run a few errands," Nayeon said, beginning to gather her things to try and stall for Kyuhyun.

"We'll see you tomorrow!" Inhye said, walking over to Kyuhyun and reluctantly prying the boy away from Minhyuk. Jungkook smiled and waved at them as they walked out, looking at Minhyuk in concern.

Jungkook walked over to the boy and sat down beside him, hesitating for a moment before finally speaking up.

"So, do you know who's going to pick you up?" Jungkook asked. Minhyuk finished the rest of his sandwich and swallowed, looking up at Jungkook with piercing eyes.

"My dad," Minhyuk said. The boy's voice was bright and cheery, completely contrasting his cold appearance. Jungkook stared at him for a bit longer, realizing how his face seemed very soft and cute, he just had really piercing eyes.

"Do you know when he'll be here?" Jungkook asked, looking at Minhyuk carefully. He wasn't trying to come off as annoyed or in a rush. In fact, he didn't even mind waiting with Minhyuk.

"He should be here soon," Minhyuk said  The boy reached into his bag and pulled out a box of milk caramels. Minhyuk opened the box and took one out, popping it into his mouth and handing the box to Jungkook.

Jungkook accepted the candy and put it in his mouth. He chewed it for a while, for once not feeling bad about eating candy. He felt oddly calm and... happy.

"What does your dad do?" Jungkook asked, taking another caramel from the box once Minhyuk offered him one.

"He works in a really big office building! He took me there once," Minhyuk began, his eyes growing wide and sparkling when he thought of his dad. "I had fun! But there's a really mean lady at a desk. Dad calls her the HR lady," Minhyuk said, grabbing another caramel.

Jungkook smiled at the boy, trying not to coo at how sweet and genuine he was sounding. He thought for a moment, immediately imagining a handsome and intimidating businessman showing up to collect his kid from ballet.

Wait. Sehun doesn't want him looking at other men.

The door to the room swung open and in cane a disheveled looking man. He had dark hair that hung low in his face and he had dark circles under his eyes. His clothes were crumpled and messy and he held a briefcase tightly in his arms.

"Min Min!" the man yelled, dropping his briefcase and running over to Minhyuk. The dark circles under his eyes seemed to disappear and his face brightened at the sight of who Jungkook assumed was his son.

"Dad!" Minhyuk yelled, running up to the man and giggling when he was pulled into a tight hug. Jungkook smiled fondly and stood up, gathering Minhyuk's things and bringing them to the two.

"I'm so sorry for making you two wait," the man said, letting go of Minhyuk and grabbing Minhyuk's bag from Jungkook. Jungkook opened his mouth to respond but hesitated for a moment, staring at the man before his eyes went wide.

"You're Kim Taehyung?" he asked. The man's eyes widened and he suddenly looked a little defensive.

"Yes..." the man—Taehyung—responded, still looking weary. Jungkook smiled and ran to his bag, grabbing the ID card he had found earlier.

"This is yours, right?" Jungkook asked as he held out the ID for Taehyung to see. Taehyung looked at the ID and his eyes widened. He nodded happily and took the ID from Jungkook's hands, thanking him tremendously.

"Is there any way I could make it up to you?" Taehyung asked, making sure to carefully place the ID in his briefcase. "You just saved my ass," he added, laughing when Minhyuk began to whine about the "bad word".

"Don't worry about it. It's really not a big deal," Jungkook replied, suddenly feeling extremely shy. Taehyung shook his head and hesitated, before pulling out his phone and handing it to Jungkook.

"Let me treat you to dinner this weekend. Your choice," he began, gesturing for Jungkook to write in his number. "It's the least I can do and this really means a lot to me," Taehyung added in and Minhyuk giggled.

"O-Okay," Jungkook began, a little confused with how nice Taehyung was acting. Part of him thought it was fake.

"I'll text you the details later. Thank you!" Taehyung said, walking it with his hand wrapped around Minhyuk's. Jungkook smiled and waved at the two before plopping down on the floor.

What a day.

≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫