𝓈𝒾𝓍

≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫

Jungkook smiled and waved off another student as they walked out of the class. He glanced in the corner of the studio and saw Kyuhyun and Minhyuk sitting together. Minhyuk was sharing what Jungkook assumed was one of the caramels that the boy had shared with him the other day.

Inhye waved at Jungkook, walking over to the corner where Kyuhyun and Minhyuk were sitting. She said something to Kyuhyun and Jungkook saw the way the boy whined. Kyuhyun gave Minhyuk a big hug and walked out of the studio with his mother, waving at Jungkook from over his shoulder.

Jungkook opened his mouth to speak to Minhyuk, but stopped when he felt his phone ring in his pocket. He pulled it out and furrowed his eyebrows.

Why would Taehyung be calling him?

Regardless, Jungkook picked up the phone, letting out a quiet "hello" and listening to the white noise. Jungkook pulled the phone away from his ear and looked at the screen. The call was still going, so why wasn't Taehyung saying anything?

Jungkook jumped when he heard glass break loudly on the other end of the phone. He put the phone back to his ear and looked across the room at Minhyuk, letting out a sigh of relief when the boy hadn't heard anything.

"Hello? Taehyung?" Jungkook asked quietly, not wanting to worry Minhyuk with the fact that his father could be in serious trouble.

"Fuck, Jungkook?" Taehyung asked. Jungkook couldn't ignore the quavering tone that Taehyung used.

"H-Hold on a second," Jungkook said, pulling the phone away from his ear for a moment. Jungkook looked at Minhyuk and took in a deep breath.

"Minhyukkie? Will you be okay if I step out for a moment to take this call?" Jungkook asked, making sure his voice stayed as stable as possible. He didn't want to end up startling the boy or worrying him even more.

Thankfully, Minhyuk nodded. Jungkook almost ran out of the room, but stopped himself and walked out calmly, closing the studio door behind him.

"Taehyung? What's wrong?" Jungkook asked, glancing down the hallway to make sure that no one else could be listening in on their conversation. Jungkook waited for Taehyung's response and bit his lip, burying the guilt and fear deep inside his stomach.

"C-Can you do me a big favor?" Taehyung asked. He seemed out of breath and upon closer inspection, it sounded like he was running somewhere. Then Jungkook heard a door close.

"Y-Yes, of course," Jungkook replied, the fear only building inside of him.

"I can't pick up Min Min right now," Taehyung said, letting out a string of profanities. Jungkook nodded even though he knew Taehyung couldn't see him.

"I can drop him off where you live if you want--"

"No!" Taehyung yelled and Jungkook flinched. "I-I mean... No. Just... watch him for me? I don't care where you have to go, just don't bring him here," Taehyung added. Jungkook nodded hesitantly and responded with an "okay", debating whether or not to ask Taehyung about this predicament.

"Thank you so much. I... I have to go. Watch him for me," Taehyung said before abruptly ending the call.

Jungkook stood, momentarily shocked. He slipped his phone back into his pocket and wrapped his fingers around the door handle. He took a deep breath and walked inside, immediately catching the attention of Minhyuk.

"Hey, Minhyukkie! Your dad says he's running super late," Jungkook began, feeling relieved when Minhyuk didn't seem extremely worried. "So he asked me to take care of you for a bit!"

"Cool! Where are we going?" Minhyuk asked, packing his snacks into the bag he always brought with him. Jungkook thought for a moment before remembering what he had planned to do immediately after his class.

"I have to go to a rehearsal for a show we're developing," Jungkook began, cooing at the way Minhyuk's eyes lit up automatically. "No way! And I get to come?" Minhyuk said, bouncing on the balls of his feet. Jungkook giggled and nodded, turning around and walking out of the room with Minhyuk in tow.

He locked the studio door behind him and headed towards the stairs, flinching but smiling when he felt Minhyuk hold onto his hand. Cute. He hoped Sehun wouldn't mind.

Jungkook and Minhyuk headed up the stairs. Jungkook walked to the studio and opened the door, smiling at the gasp that left Minhyuk's lips when he saw everyone inside.

All of the teachers and others who were planning on auditioning for a part in the ballet were stretching and warming up for the rehearsal. Minhyuk watched them in awe as Jungkook lead him to a chair and got the boy situated.

"If you get bored, my phone's right here. Just tell me and I can unlock it for you to... watch videos or something," Jungkook said, extremely worried about taking care of Taehyung's kid.

"I don't think I'll get bored!" Minhyuk said with a big smile, still staring at all the classical dancers. Jungkook giggled and turned around, his smile immediately falling off his face when he saw who was standing before him.

"Hey, Jungkookie!" Jimin said, coming up to stand beside him and looking at Minhyuk. "Who's this? Did you and Sehunnie-hyung finally adopt?"

Jungkook forced a smile onto his face and shook his head, trying to control his temper. "No. Minhyukkie is a student in my class. His dad just asked me to watch over him for a bit," Jungkook added, trying to be as curt as possible so that the conversation would end sooner.

"Really? That's so adorable!" Jimin said, going up to Minhyuk and ruffling his hair. "You like ballet, Minhyukkie?" Jimin asked. Minhyuk looked up at him with big eyes and nodded eagerly. Jimin giggled but turned around when he heard the door to the studio open.

"Hey, Yoongi!" Jimin exclaimed and Jungkook had to stop himself from groaning in annoyance. Jimin ran up to Yoongi, his boyfriend, and enveloped him in a big hug.

"Why don't we get started?" Jungkook asked through gritted teeth, glancing at Minhyuk to make sure he was okay and deciding to send a quick text to Taehyung.

Jungkook (Min Min's Ballet)
hey! just letting you know that minhyukkie and i are on the second floor of the studio for my rehearsal
hope everything's okay!

≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫