𝓈𝒾𝓍𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫

Jungkook sat in the studio in anticipation. It was the day for auditions and he was eager to perform. He was hoping that all of his practicing would produce something greater: the solo he wanted.

Jungkook applauded absentmindedly as another person finished with the audition. He was focusing on each person's performance, finding flaws so that he could accentuate those parts of his performance. Jungkook wasn't the type of person to point out everything that someone was doing wrong, but in this case, it was to his benefit.

"Jimin! Ready to go?" Hoseok asked, standing by a speaker in the corner of the room with his phone. Jungkook's eyes shot towards Jimin and he watched the boy intently. Jimin nodded and got up, walking to the center of the room and turning to Hoseok.

"Ready?" Hoseok asked. Jimin nodded and took in a deep breath, shaking out all the nervousness from his body.

Music flowed from the speakers and Jungkook heard the gasp that the other ballet dancers let out when Jimin began to move. Jungkook watched in awe as well. He couldn't help it. Jimin's moves all looked so... natural.

The music continued and Jungkook couldn't find anything wrong with Jimin's performance. He hit each cue perfectly and emotions radiated from his body, though he didn't show them directly on his face. Jungkook felt like all he could do was stare in awe as Jimin moved across the floor swiftly and with perfect accuracy.

The music began to slow down and so did Jimin, his hair bouncing with each light step that he took. Jimin twirled around before coming to an abrupt halt, breathing heavily as he looked at Hoseok for confirmation.

The rest of the room erupted in applause, even though it was only an audition. Jungkook swallowed harshly, clapping so that he didn't look awkward amongst the other ballet dancers. Jimin smiled and bowed shyly, bouncing back to his original seat on the floor.

Jungkook saw Jimin being engulfed in a big hug by his boyfriend, frowning when he noticed the lack of Sehun's, or anyone's presence beside him. Maybe he should've asked Taehyung to come. That probably would've made him feel better and given him a bit more confidence.

"Are you ready, Jungkook?" Hoseok asked, getting the attention of everyone else in the room. Everyone focused their attention to Jungkook and Jungkook nodded, rising to his feet slowly. He walked to the center of the room and took in a deep breath, waiting for the music to start.

The music began to play again. It was a song that Jungkook loved at first, but, from practicing it so much, he had grown to hate it. Nonetheless, he lifted his arms up delicately and with care once he heard the cue. He pushed aside the fact that he hated this song for just the few moments of the solo. That's what professionals did, right?

He took a few steps and twirled, finding it extremely easy because he had practiced so much. The moves just came naturally to him, and he hoped that he could at least pose as some sort of competition for Jimin.

Jungkook jumped, glancing at himself in the mirror and smiling slightly when he saw that the form was close to perfect. He landed and bit his lip when he didn't hear the gasp from everyone else like Jimin had received, but continued dancing nonetheless.

In all honesty, Jungkook wasn't really focusing on the solo very much. All of these moves felt very natural to him—credit to the two am practice sessions—and he spaced, his mind wandering as he continued to dance in time with the music.

He smiled when he thought of seeing Taehyung in the audience the day of the ballet. At this point, it didn't matter if Jungkook got the solo or not. He just wanted to see Taehyung smiling at him and applauding for him in the crowd. Maybe Jungkook could pull a few strings and get Taehyung and Minhyuk in the front row. That would probably be a good experience for Minhyuk.

Jungkook twirled, not feeling very exhausted. Which was weird, because usually at this point in the routine he would be feeling a little sluggish. But, he didn't and continued to perform, not bothering to look at the expressions on everyone else's faces. They probably weren't very impressed anyways.

Jungkook heard the music slowing down and slowed down with it. His steps were still light, just slowed down to add extra emphasis. He looked in the mirror and saw his hair bouncing with every step, and held back his laughter at how stupid he looked.

He stepped and ended in the pose, breathing heavily as the exhaustion caught up with him. He didn't hear any applause and turned around with a fearful expression on his face. Had he really done that bad?

Jungkook looked at everyone's expressions, reading the room and trying to tell if they were impressed or shocked at how poor the performance was. He bit his lip, feeling tears build up in his eyes as the room stayed quiet.

He turned to Hoseok, pleading for help with his eyes but didn't get anything from the man. Instead, Hoseok only stared back in either shock or disbelief, but startled Jungkook when he began to clap.

Hoseok started off slow at first, but his applause grew in speed and volume when everyone else began to join in. Jungkook looked caught off guard but toon the hint, bowing and scurrying back to his seat against the wall.

"Well, I'm sure we all know who the solo goes to," Hoseok joked and everyone laughed, glancing at Jungkook. Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Why would Hoseok be looking at him? Jimin was obviously the better dancer.

"Jungkook! Congrats on the solo!" Hoseok said, applauding again along win the rest of the room. Jungkook's eyes widened and his mouth dropped, staring around the room in disbelief. He caught sight of Jimin and Jimin on smiled, clapping louder and giving Jungkook a thumbs up.

"Okay, see everyone tomorrow!" Hoseok said, gathering his things and walking out of the room. Everyone else followed suit, mumbling out congratulations to Jungkook as they walked past him. Jungkook only smiled, still shocked by the whole situation when Jimin walked up to him.

"I'm so proud of you!" Jimin said, jumping and pulling Jungkook into a hug. Jungkook hugged back awkwardly. Wasn't Jimin his competition?

"You're... You're not mad?" Jungkook asked, pulling away from the hug to look at Jimin closely. Jimin furrowed his eyebrows. "Why would I be? You're my like, closest friend, Jungkook," Jimin added before poking Jungkook's side.

"I love you, but Yoongs and I gotta run. I'll see you tomorrow though. Congrats!" Jimin called out, dragging Yoongi out of the studio and leaving Jungkook alone in silence.

Jungkook took for a moment before jumping up in joy and yelling in excitement. He picked up his phone and dialed the number as quickly as possible. He knew exactly who he would tel first.

"Taehyung! I got the solo!"

≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫