𝓉𝑒𝓃

≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫

Jungkook sighed while he stretched, staring at himself in the mirror to make sure he was stretching properly. There had been a lot going on in his mind lately and his thoughts were threatening to distract him from his work.

"Hey, Jungkookie, is everything okay?" Jimin asked, immediately snapping Jungkook out of his thoughts. Jungkook stopped mid-stretch and turned, looking at Jimin hesitantly.

"Um, yeah... Why wouldn't it be?" Jungkook asked, staring up at Jimin and trying not to glance around the room and see if Yoongi was here too. Unfortunately, he caught sight of the man in the corner of the room on his phone.

Jungkook couldn't help but frown the smallest bit. Sehun never showed up to any of his rehearsals.

"You just look a little out of it today. Are you sure everything is okay?" Jimin asked with genuine concern in his voice. Jungkook nodded absentmindedly, looking away again and starting to stretch.

"You know you can talk to me whenever, right?" Jimin asked and Jungkook froze again. He nodded again, but it wasn't genuine. Deep down inside him, he knew that he wouldn't be able to talk to Jimin unless their relationship improved.

It wasn't necessarily Jimin's fault for what Jungkook saw as a poor friendship. Jungkook would admit that it was his feelings getting the best of him. He was just jealous of Jimin, to say the least.

Jimin seemed to have everything. He always got the solos and main parts in all of their productions. He had a loving boyfriend who supported him no matter what he did. He had parents who loved and cared for him and who always made sure to attend his shows.

Jimin had everything.

Everything that Jungkook wanted but didn't have.

Jungkook would always audition for solos and main roles, but Jimin always managed to beat him. Yoongi couldn't be compared to Sehun because Yoongi was everything Jungkook wanted Sehun to be. And Jungkook didn't even want to start about his parents.

Too lost in his thoughts, Jungkook hadn't even realized that Jimin had walked away until he zoned back in. He shook the thoughts from his head and cracked his knuckles, continuing to stretch and warm up for the rehearsal.

"Good morning--er, afternoon, everyone!" Jin said, stumbling into the room with Namjoon in tow. Jin put all his papers on a random table and huffed, putting his hands on his hips and glancing around the room.

"Does anyone know where Hoseok is?" Jin asked. Everyone shook their head and Jin groaned exasperatedly, whispering something to Namjoon before continuing with his announcement.

"So, the production is coming along really well, which is always good news. We don't have the official dates for the show yet, but we're trying to rent out the space in the Seoul Arts Center, but I'm not sure how successful we'll be yet," Jin said, taking out a clipboard and scribbling a few things down.

"I'm sure Hoseok has been working with everyone on some of the basic choreography so far and I'm pretty sure he'll have everyone start with their own individual roles by the next one or two rehearsals," Jin said, whispering something to Namjoon before Hoseok ran into the room.

"Sorry I'm late, continue," Hoseok said, reading the quiet room and seeing the annoyed look on Jin's face. Jin huffed indignantly but continued anyways, staring back down at his clipboard.

"I'll be leaving a list of roles that everyone can audition for and Hoseok will let you know about auditions when he's ready," Jin said, shooting a glare towards Hoseok. Hoseok nodded awkwardly and shifted around, knowing that Jin was purposefully putting him on the spot.

"And... solos. The topic that everyone's worried about," Jin said and Jungkook felt his heart leap in excitement. "This year, there's only one big solo. It's supposed to be for one of the male dancers, but if any females want to audition, by all means, go ahead," Jin added, smiling shyly when he heard people begin to whisper amongst themselves.

"And... get to it then!" Jin said, picking up his pile of papers and rushing out of the room with Namjoon. Everyone began to murmur amongst themselves and Jungkook took in a deep breath, feeling extremely determined to get the solo.

He wondered what it would be like to have the solo and dance along gracefully with the music, looking out into the audience and seeing Taehyung and Minhyuk smiling at him. Jungkook wondered what might be going on their minds, if they would be proud of him or—

Wait. Why was he thinking about Taehyung and Minhyuk? Shouldn't he be thinking about Sehun?

He should be thinking about Sehun. Sehun was his boyfriend, after all. Sehun should be the one that's always on his mind, not the single dad whose son is in his ballet class.

"That's right! I forgot, I'm so sorry," Jin yelled, bursting back into the studio with his papers flying everywhere and his glasses falling off of his face. He cursed and Namjoon laughed, helping him pick his things up.

"We have the theme of the show!" he said and everyone immediately quieted down, giving their full attention to Jin.

"The theme this year is a little more abstract, but I'm sure that the music and choreography will make everything look phenomenal," Jin said, pulling out his clipboard and dropping more papers in the process.

"So, with that being said, our theme is the 'sound of colors'. And the title is, drum roll please," Jin said, being overly dramatic and making everyone in the studio laugh. He took his pen and hit his clipboard obnoxiously, laughing loudly at how stupid he sounded.

"The Painter's Waltz!" Jin exclaimed, saying something else that Jungkook didn't quite catch before running out of the room again.

Jungkook smiled to himself, thinking of all the good things that could come from this performance.

The Painter's Waltz.

≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫