𝒻𝒾𝓋𝑒

≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫

Taehyung sighed as he looked down at the menu in front of him. Of course, Jungkook had to choose the most expensive place in town.

Jungkook sat across from him, looking at the menu as if he knew it like the back of his hand. He was dressed from head to toe in designer brands while Taehyung and Minhyuk sat in clothes from department stores.

Taehyung could even swear that he saw some makeup on Jungkook's face. Not that he cared or was offended, but he didn't know that Jungkook had so much time on his hands.

The ballet camp that Minhyuk was enrolled in had gone extremely well. Of course, Taehyung had come late each day to pick him up, but Jungkook was always there to make sure the boy wasn't alone. The second week of Minhyuk's ballet camp was just over the horizon and then school would start.

Taehyung still had to figure out how he'd pay for Minhyuk's ballet classes.

"Thank you for treating me today!" Jungkook said happily, glancing up at Taehyung from behind his menu. Minhyuk giggled and continued coloring in the book he brought with him. The restaurant didn't have coloring papers or kids menus. It was too fancy for that.

"I should be thanking you," Taehyung began, setting down his menu. "You're the one that took time out of your day to make sure Minhyuk wasn't alone." Jungkook smiled shyly and ducked his head down to look at his menu again.

Soon the waiter came by and took their orders, all while Taehyung was grimacing at how expensive everything was.

"How did Min Min do this week?" Taehyung asked, chuckling at the way Minhyuk whined at the nickname. Jungkook let out a soft giggle and glanced between the cute family interaction.

"He did really well! I would even say that he is at the top of the class!" Jungkook said, being genuine and sincere with his choice of words. He really did see Minhyuk's improvement throughout the week and thought that Minhyuk could continue to do great things.

"That's good to hear," Taehyung commented. "He's been practicing at home every day," he added, ruffling Minhyuk's hair. Minhyuk whined in embarrassment and glared at his dad—even though Jungkook thought it was more adorable than menacing.

"I'm glad that there's a student like him in my class—"

"Hey, princess."

Jungkook froze at the sound of Sehun's voice and turned around quickly, coming face to face with the man himself. Jungkook forced a smile onto his face and greeted Sehun, noticing the way the man's eyes fluttered towards Taehyung.

"I thought you said you were going out with friends," Sehun said, pulling up a chair beside Jungkook and inviting himself to the table. Taehyung gave Jungkook a confused look but Jungkook immediately turned his attention to Sehun.

"I-I am. This is Taehyung. His son is in my class," Jungkook said, motioning towards Taehyung and Minhyuk. Jungkook couldn't unite the way Taehyung's face contorted into one filled with concern, but he still made sure to give more attention to Sehun for his own sake.

"T-Taehyung, this is Sehun. My... boyfriend," Jungkook said, hoping that neither Taehyung nor Sehun caught the hesitance in his voice. Sehun nodded and let his hand rest comfortably on Jungkook's waist, not-so-subtly pulling the boy closer to him.

"Nice to meet you, Sehun," Taehyung greeted. Jungkook was thankful that Taehyung wasn't dealing with the awkward situation immaturely, but he couldn't say the same for Sehun.

"I would like to say the same about you," Sehun added. Jungkook froze, trying to understand the underlying meanings in what Sehun was saying, but tried not to think to hard about it.

"Sehun," Jungkook whined quietly, trying to avoid Sehun making the both of them look extremely stupid in front of Taehyung and his son.

"What?" Sehun asked, the grip he had on Jungkook's waist suddenly becoming painfully tight. "It's not my fault that I want this asshole to stay away from my fucking boyfriend!"

"Woah!" Taehyung yelled, immediately moving to cover Minhyuk's ears. The poor boy just looked up in confusion at his father and looked at Sehun in fear.

"That was uncalled for! You need to develop some kind of filter!" Taehyung scolded, becoming defensive and pulling Minhyuk towards his chest.

"Sehun! Please, you're embarrassing me," Jungkook whined, immediately regretting what he said as soon as the words fell out of his mouth. Sehun seemed to tower over him and glared down at him again.

"I'm embarrassing you?" he asked, his voice turning extremely harsh and cold. Jungkook did his best to not shudder and shiver with fear, still hoping that Sehun wouldn't explode.

"N-No, I... I didn't mean it like that," Jungkook mumbled, tripping over his words as fear and panic began to grow in his chest.

"I turn my back on you for one fucking second Jungkook and suddenly you're out with another man," Sehun began and Jungkook shook his head rapidly. That's not what it was like, why was he wording it like that?

"We're fucking leaving," Sehun said harshly, grabbing Jungkook's wrist and pulling the boy to his feet. He dragged Jungkook out of the restaurant as Jungkook became excruciatingly aware of the stares coming from every direction.

Before they left the restaurant, Jungkook turned over his shoulder and found Taehyung sitting there with wide eyes. He smiled sadly at him, mouthing the words "I'm fine" before he was pulled through the heavy glass doors.

"Dad, is Mr. Jungkookie okay?"

Taehyung hesitated.

"Yes, Min Min. He's fine."

≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫

taehyung (minhyuk's dad)
hey, is everything ok?
sehun looked a little upset earlier

Jungkook picked up his phone with his unoccupied hand, not wanting to disturb Sehun's sleep. He grimaced at the bright screen but let his eyes adjust before responding to Taehyung.

Jungkook (Min Min's Ballet)
i'm fine!
thanks for checking in

taehyung (minhyuk's dad)
no of course
just looked a little intense back there
you sure you're okay?

Jungkook (Min Min's Ballet)
of course i am!
why wouldn't i be?

"Of course I am," Jungkook repeated to himself, wincing when he pressed the ice pack to his chest with a little more force.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Jungkook mumbled, feeling a tear roll down his cheek. Sehun's hold around his waist seemed to tighten and he winced at the pressure to his blossoming bruise.

"Why wouldn't I be."

≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫