The First Task

Amy's POV

A few weeks had past and today was the day of the first task which by the way I still didn't know what it was but from what i could see Ivan , Florence and I was currently in a tent and would have to be going into what looked to be a arena .

"What do you suppose we are doing ?"

I asked Ivan as I didn't particularly want to talk to Florence . Ivan just grunted in response causing me to roll my eyes at the lack of speech in his answer .

Barty Crouch Sr , The guy who was in charge of the triwizard tournament held a bag out waiting for us all to pick something out of it unfortunately I was to pick last .

I stuck my hand in the bag only to find out that we was fighting dragons and mine happened to be the Hungarian Horntail which was a lot more deadly than Florence or Ivan's dragons .

I was called up first luckily because I wanted to get this over and done with well that's if the dragon didn't kill me in the process . I walked out and heard the students of Hogwarts cheering me on .

I noticed the golden egg placed across from me and funnily enough the dragon was nowhere to be seen however that made me more nervous than anything .

I ran towards the golden egg only for the dragon which was thankfully attached to a chain to swoop Imbertween me and the egg before turning back towards me .

I instantly knew it was about to breath fire causing me to bolt as far away from it as possible . I felt the heat near my back even though it just missed me .

The next thing I knew the dragon had broken free from its chain resulting in my eyes widening as it came bounding towards me .

I could tell it was about to breath fire again , I turned to run but I then realised there was nowhere to run because I was too close to the wall . Without thinking I dove underneath the dragon as its fire hit where I was previously stood .

I ran as fast as I could towards the egg diving towards it and picking it up before holding it in the air hoping that that would mean the battle was over .

Thankfully whether the battle was over or not the dragon which was no longer chained down flew away into the heights of the skies .

**********************

I watched Florence and Ivan's fights and was pleased when it was announced that I was in first place which caused the whole of Hogwarts to erupt into applause and cheers .

Second place was Ivan who was just a minute slower than me .

Third place was Florence much like I expected . She was 20 minutes slower than me infact most seemed to think her battle just dragged on .